Posts by Invictus Trax

The first Mark V looks quite nice for me. We started Mass-fabricaton and just upgraded the fabricator to HV; A reactor with an effective Output of ~500EU/t will be quite helpful until we have enough MOX cells (wich will take long).
    Speaking of MOX, i am still trying to find the "ideal" Setup for them as my cooling solution with normal&advanced Heat Exchangers wo'nt be able to keep the temperature. I am currently using a design with 4 Quads, 320EU/t basic output, 656 Heat and an efficiency of 4. I am sure that there is a lot of room for improvement but even I have no clue how my MOX priorities look like. A High Efficiency would be nice, but i want to breed some Plutonium on the other hand.
    Using MOX in a 5x5 reactor appears to be pretty hard too, since their heat production scales with the reactor temperature, making it nearly impossible to build up a somewhat cool Mark 1 with decent efficiency.

Tha major problem of my 1.384HU (and the 1.408HU) design is it's high price. The 1.280 design might be a little bit less efficient, but much cheaper to build.
    The reactors we fitted in in between are (i assume that you'rs were'nt cheap either) nearly as expensive as the big one, but just a little bit better then the 1.280. If you are willing to use more ressources there is imho no point in doing anything smaller then the biggest one unless you want maximum efficiency. If the costs of the reactor matter, the 1.280HU design should be the reactor of your choice.
    Of course this only works for Mark I reactors.

The main reason i posted it because it raised the bar for efficiency a little higher; anyway you are right with your suggestion. I also did some tweaking yesterday and found another option (still with an decent efficiency of 4,43 and overall 3,93) and squeezed 310 EU/t out of it: http://www.talonfiremage.pwp.b…f94r5n9xen0t2wcz3zilvadxc
    However, this raises it's diamond usage to 6. Luckily just once, but 6 diamonds are nothing for the early game.

Theoreticly, you have 4 cooling capacity left but i do'nt see any spot yet to fit in an addutional single cell. Tweaking goes on!

So I finally decided to register here and to share some ideas and thoughts with you. Since i read somewhere in this forum that a 24/7 reactor with more then 650heat (1300HU) is impossible, I took a shot at this challenge and made it; about 6 times at all. I actually managed to increase the overall heat production from 1.280 (wich is considered THE high-power 5X5 design at least as far as i know) to a final value of 1.384, cooling 692 units of heat. There might be some more room for tweaking, as i thought for about 3 weeks that my 680-cooling design was the maximum - until i made it to 688. I will try to optimize it even further so you guys can get the best reactor for your uranium. Actually, i made it to 696 cooling right now, but i have problems in producing exactly this amount of heat.

Please note that this design is pretty expensive on the other hand, costing 3 diamonds and some Lapis to build. And a lot of gold.
    This requires 12 uranium fuel to run, is not recommended as a MOX-EU reactor since it has an operating temperature of ~2-3%. If you heat it up, it will cool down to 2-3%, if you start at 0% it will heat up to 2-3%; this heating is normal and NOT dangerous. Once reached, it will keep it's temperature making it 100% safe for 24/7 usage with automated refilling, even though it's more complex due to all 3 sorts of cells used in this design.

http://www.talonfiremage.pwp.b…xht2ad8sfjddmss0hsk61g5c0

As i mentioned, i am hoping to improve it's output a little further, i am still dreaming of 700 heat coolable for 1.400HU/t.

Edit: 7 0 4 heat cooled. Seven. Zero. Four. You read this correctly.
    It's efficiency is a little bit lower, taking 14 Uranium Cells for the heat, but it's efficiency is still great for a 24/7 reactor. 310EU/t in EU mode, 1.408 heat in fluid mode. That's up to 1.056 EU out of ONE uranium-reactor!

http://www.talonfiremage.pwp.b…f94r5n9xen0t2wcz3zilvadxc

Still hoping to tweak it a little further since this design has the ability to cool up to 708 heat.

Hey guys, i decided to join in to share my reactor designs. Currently i did about half a dozen wich were designed as Fluid Reactors, so they produrce a lot of heat while the EU production is secondary; and basicly they are just 2 Designs with several optimizations added.
    Since i used them with the experimental version I am only able to tell you their UUM running costs.

My first attempt:
    Highest Overall Efficiency, very expensive

Eu/tick: 285
    Efficiency: 4.75
    Overall Efficiency 4.35
    Cost: Iron 380, Copper 815, Tin 113, Gold 40, Lapis 2, Diamonds 5
    Running costs: 26,4 UU

I can post you another design if interested: 335EU @ 3,94Efficiency but 6 Diamonds needed.