Posts by Roseroar

Heh, i'm running 12 in the macerator and 10 in the electric furnace. Course i'm also impatient, want it now now now!!! :) The electric furnace has since replaced the induction furnace for manual operations. (much quicker)
    It sucks down 256 or 3something EU/t during operations but it's sitting on a HV line (also have 2x transformer in there) behind a MFSU so meh?
    The only thing I find myself missing from this addon are the compressed solar. Just finished putting up 256 solar as the equivalent of what I had. Logistics pipes make it *way* too easy to just order up more, I was perpetually starved for resources.

I know, right?! I put up a normal solar flower and it wasn't keeping up at all, and it was depressing. Now I got to some how get a quarry running enough to maybe find enough resources to build another 2 or 3 more solar flowers. :( I miss my advanced panels. One flower of MV and, man, it would easily keep the entire sorting and processing room running with out an issue.

How much I've come to rely on this mod:

I was macerating a bunch of ore today and thinking "man, this is taking a while... I should really upgrade these things to rotary macerators. What was the recipe again? Oh, yeah... not in 1.64 yet :( "

Yeah, the rotary macerators and the induction furnaces are an integral part of my auto sorting setup. With a couple of quarries feeding into the system it needs to be fast to handle macerating then smelting the ores. Might have to experiment with adding 2 or 3 (or more?) overclock chips to see if I can come anywhere near capable of handling the load. Though the solar panels are sweet as well, don't have to make huge solar flowers to handle the load. Of course when Rocket Science updates I'll have a fusion reactor again. :D

This is the last thing I'm waiting for to be updated before I make the leap to 1.1, I wanna play 1.1 badly because of the sheep regrowth stuff and redstone powered fence gates. But I'll wait. Also I hope someone can port the ironchest mod since the author seems to have stopped making it. If I knew java I would try and make a 1.1 version of ironchest. It is the only good chest mod for IC2 and what not works well with BC as well. Gives tons of space with the diamond chests. Not really sure of any other mods that work together with ic2 and bc like that :(

Equivalent Exchange has some really sweet chests that work well with BC/IC2, and there are Ender Chests, though they are small, the linking ability is really nice. Throw in the most used items into one at your main base and toss down a matching linked one at your outposts, and no need to carry a ton of stuff around. :D

That's exactly what I was thinking. Also, never count on anything but source blocks of water to provide ongoing cooling! Even containment vessels that are cooled by flowing water have it supplied by an un-reachable source (meaning outside the range of what the reactor can evaporate due to heat). I don't think the ocean is a good place for it (besides, what are you planning to power out there?). See the missing water where the reactor was? That just goes to show that blocks in an ocean don't replenish themselves the same way as a man-made vessel full of source blocks.

*hrrs and thinks, fiddling* I need quite a lot of power, I have two Industrial Engines (From the Crossover mod) that run fine in day with 6 large solar panel flowers but when the sun goes down it just drains the MFEs in a very short time and everything grinds to a halt. Let's see, if the EU Reader is right... Each engine can take 128 EU/t and I have 1 Large Electric Engine and two Industrial Electric Engines, so that's what... 384 EU/t ? O.o That sounds like a butt tonne right there. *looks at the safest design created so far* Might have to build several reactors at that rate... Each with it's own MFSU. Wow... This is starting to sound expensive. Unless anyone has any ideas? I'm just kludging my way though this as best as I can. *hmm* I'll glance though the other posts and peek at other designs people have created. See if I can't get the EU/t up some and still keep it safe. But ideas are always welcome. Thanks for the info so far. :D

Right, so. I'll save us all some hassle and admit I am a newbie to this. It says the reactor needs water cooling, so I go out into an ocean, deep one, build up a temporary column of dirt so I can plop down the reactor somewhere in the middle, a ton of water above and below. Remove dirt, put in the chambers, wired it up, and replicated the design by Yogscast. All going well until about a half hour or so later I hear a large *boom!*. Now there is a large crater in the ocean and a lot of missing water. A safe reactor design (I presume) and a *TON* of water and it still blows up, why? O.o

Fiddling with Blue Talon a little, I hope I copied this out right...

http://www.talonfiremage.pwp.b…=1k10101011501521s1r11r10

And the Yogscast video that showed it, just in case.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K6TE2ngen0Y&t=11m10s