Posts by twiggholmes

Upon closer examination, it appears as though ic2 ores are the same color as the stone at the surface. There must be a file that adjusts the stone color according to light level or depth.

The file you're looking for is "custom_terrain_33.png" in the "anim" folder (it used to be in the main folder in previous versions). For each animation you need something like 50 times the original image with each step of the animation... I don't know how to make this with IC2 blocks actually.

:pinch: that's tragic and appallingly complicated! I might try to figure it out if I get bored though.

Fantastic job, I really enjoy that the IC2 ores match the rest of the stone. The colors of the stone around the ore on the ore blocks :Uranium Ore: :Copper Ore: :Tin Ore: seems to be slightly lighter than the stone is. It would be totally sweet if they matched. Me and my pals would be very grateful for it. Also, if you feel really fancy, would you make the ores glint like the iron ore does? Part of my soul goes nuts for that shiny glint! I have been trying to find the file that creates that glint but IDK what I'm doing. Thus, I woun't feel bad if you "skip the spinning rims".

p.s. My girlfriend had a field day translating the Japanese on your picture (lemon)

Next time press every botton in the option menu of minecraft before asking stupid things. if you dont get the clue check the control menu in minecraft.

Actually I am not the stupid one :evil: With the new update the hover mode button is no longer H. The issue was that someone lacks the responsibility to update the wiki :cursing: and let the users know that the hover mode button is now M. Also I did look under controls before posting. Hover mode toggle doesn't show up.