Posts by Bioxx

Hey guys, I was looking at the IC2 code to try and see how your rubber trees were being generated, because they aren't appearing the biomes added by my mod TFCraft. I noticed that you are doing a straight check off of the variables in biomegenbase. I think it would be good if you changed your checks from

Code
    if (biomegenbase == BiomeGenBase.forest)

to something more like

Code
    if (if(biomegenbase.biomeName.toLowerCase().contains("forest")))

or

Code
    if (if(biomegenbase.biomeName.toLowerCase().contains("swamp")))

Doing this will allow modded biomes of a similar type to be capable of spawning your rubber trees.

Could we get some functions built into the next version of the API that allow us to add recipes to the various machines, such as the macerator and compressor? I assume it might be possible with the decompiled code, but it seems like it would be something perfectly suited to the API.

I'm sure that this problem is something that I'd know how to handle if I wasn't such a noob with java and eclipse. I know exactly what I want to do in Visual Studio with C#! I've decompiled a couple of addons such as the Solar helmet just to learn how things are done and I've noticed that they reference mod_ic2 to get items such as "mod_IC2.itemPartAlloy". My guess is that the jar file is included as a library some how. I thought I did this properly but still no luck. Anyone mind giving me a good pointer? Thanks!

On the off chance that I'm blind or just still a noob at MC modding, is there a way to access 'explodeMachineAt' with the IC2 api? If not, is there a way to access that so that I can get my custom entity to explode if it receives too much power?