Posts by xenoflot

No, not really. They are enchantment-tables. They should have the same ID on client and server.

This really looks weird. Do you use any mods next to IC2?

Possibly but if the world was upgraded and that formation existed earlier and ID's for custom ores were reassigned... we had that problem in our upgrade from 1.8.1 to 1.0.0. All the rp2 redstone wire became enchanting tables (something which meant that my 1-second-on-17-seconds-off reactor didn't last very long!).

I converted my single-core water-jacket reactor to a bucket CASUC a couple of days ago.
    The reactor remains in its water jacket and just the single core. I have an RP2 filter stuck on the side of it to remove empty buckets.
    I have two RP2 deployers dipping buckets in infinite water sources and filters on those sucking out the filled buckets.
    The full buckets go to a large chest that sits very close to the reactor and there's a Transposer pulling out of the chest to fill the reactor.
    The whole lot runs from a single RP2 timer set to 1 second.
    With 6 uranium in the reactor, I get a steady 200 EU/t (197 since I put a detector cable inline) and 40M EU total from a set of cells.
    This is working just dandy on SMP.

I'd like to see a Lappack built into a Quantum Cuirasse. IE a quantum chestpiece that also powers tools like a lappack.
    Couldn't see this in the compilation thread so apologies if this is a done-to-death suggestion.

red it myself to, but since you might have multiple storage units one full one might mean the entire system shuts down, we want ALL te be filled. dont we?

since it is disabled, is doesnt realy mater ;)

The way I was going to do it was have my 4 workshop MFSU in parallel then one in serial. If the 4 in the workshop are full, the one next to the reactor will fill. When it goes full, redstone, reactor stop.

I have done this now a different way with the detector cable and an inverter. If there is current, the detector cable gives signal. Inverts to no signal. So when the MFSU are all full, no signal, inverted = reactor damped.

Don't IC2 storage units now EMIT a redstone signal when they are full? If so, surely a single wire back to the reactor is all that is needed?

edit: Ah, just read the patch notes. It was included in 1.62 but it's disabled by default.

I can see where you're coming from, Timmie. I agree that the tin bucket, refine to iron exploit is nothing but an exploit. Though as an exercise in logistics and for entertainment value I did set up a BC/RP2 production line on my 1.0 world to convert my excess tin into iron :) This time around I've turned off RP2's tin/copper so I don't have the problem.

I'm not sure that I consider the rp2 bucket reactor as being OP. You can get some pretty impressive stuff without using rp2. eg with repeaters and vanilla redstone you could set up a timed natural cooling reactor pretty easily. The fact that IC2 allows you to put water buckets and ice in at all suggests that they had it in mind that this should be automated to some degree with rp2 or BC. It's simply not practical to use buckets without an automaton.

Plus I had a lot of fun setting up my rp2 bucket CARUC system yesterday which at the end of the day is the point of playing a/the game.

Man,you're greedy xD

I think the term you're looking for is Inspired :)

As to UU matter, I'd be happier to see it removed from the game altogether and another, equally expensive, way of making Quantum armour introduced. To me, UU creates a "why bother" scenario. You just make a few more reactors and plug them into the massfab. Stay logged in while you sleep for the night and you come back to a chest full of UU which can be pretty much anything that you could dig out of the ground. One of my players is getting 1 UU every 18 seconds now without scrap. Not sure what he does with his time now!

The ranges seems to be two blocks. Which seems to be a fair. Increasing the range could create nasty side-effects. And I guess they are not meant to create walls and since they kill the player too, it is normally much easier to build real walls, with piston-doors (which achieves much the same).

Range in 1.43 is 4 blocks. I have personally verified this several times while my quantum armour was in the charging bench. Haven't built them under 1.64 yet.

To OP: One coil every 9 blocks isn't a killer IMO and it's reasonably realistic. Look at RL tesla coils and you'll see they're actually quite short range. What you're after is real lightning which of course requires 1.21 gigawatts. Not sure what that is in EU but it's probably a lot more than the 50K a Tesla stores.

I think there IS room though for some OC style addons. Increase the storage and add a range extender for example. Have to remember though that the power requirement increases with the cube of the distance so every extra +1 range is a LOT more EU required.

Hi folks,

Using the bukkit port so please let me know if this is not an IC2 problem. I placed a compressor next to a pump to make snowballs. When the compressor got to 100%, NPE as follows. Happening on subsequent reboots so looks like I'll need to revert to a backup.

edit: Same problem happens in single player (so I'm thinking IC2 problem)

java.lang.NullPointerException
    at net.minecraft.server.ItemStack.doMaterialsMatch(ItemStack.java:243)
    at ic2.api.Ic2Recipes.getOutputFor(Ic2Recipes.java:125)
    at ic2.api.Ic2Recipes.getCompressorOutputFor(Ic2Recipes.java:71)
    at ic2.common.TileEntityCompressor.getResultFor(TileEntityCompressor.java:34)
    at ic2.common.TileEntityCompressor.operate(TileEntityCompressor.java:55)
    at ic2.common.TileEntityElectricMachine.l_(TileEntityElectricMachine.java:86)
    at net.minecraft.server.World.tickEntities(World.java:1178)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.w(MinecraftServer.java:534)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:441)
    at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:465)

With RP2 and IC2 both generating copper and tin, we had an excess of both.
    I built my power station building from copper blocks.
    Then in my quest for more and more HV solars (to power the mass fab of course!) I burned a lot of copper making circuits.
    But with 6 buildcraft 64x64 quarries running (feeding the tailings to a bank of 16 recyclers) I still had a stupid amount of copper ore.
    So I did what any normal human being would do.
    I set up an RP2 filter to pull the copper dust from the macerators and send it to the recyclers!

On our new server I have told RP2 to NOT generate copper and tin so it's not so much of a problem now :)