Posts by NotCoach

Use two storage blocks (or sets of storage blocks) and a detector cable after each storage block (or sets of storage blocks) and one after the reactor. When flow is detected through the detector after the second storage block but not the other two have your reactor automatically start and stay latched on for a set amount of time with the done timer resetting the latch. When the reactor stops the check is automatically done again as long as EU is being drawn from your second storage block (or set of storage blocks).

I'll end the quote train here :3

I do agree to that, quite frankly when I posted that I was about 50/50 on going either way. Guess you'll have to deal with the hints we give here and there as to new features :whistling:

Giving hints is the same thing as letting people know what will come. I don't see how it is any different. People will respond the same way if a hint never goes live as well. Just my two cents. I am not one to ever complain about content in ostensibly free software, so not likely to ever complain about something not being implimented. Thank you for the response though.

Didn't know that. Fairly new to IC2, but did look up UUM recipes online. Using that and the information on the wiki it seemed fairly straightforward to me. But if it was removed, then that is different.

Again, *HOW*? you can't make energy from cobble, not even using scrap. Sure you get some burnable items and plant balls out of scrap but it's a net loss energy wise.

You make uranium out of UUM which is made out of scrap.With infinite cobble scrap is free. But scrap reduces energy cost per cycle in the Mass Fabricator from 1 million EU to 1.67k EU. Using an infinite run reactor that produces 80EU/t will produce roughly 90 UUM (minus the energy need to run the recycler). Let's say it takes 10 UUM per uranium ore (even though 10 is not possible for any recipe, but just trying to stick with the fact that UUM recipes are secret) you produce 9 more uranium with a single reactor cycle. Yous use 4 of these for your next reactor cycle and 5 left over. But instead you could craft only 4 and use the remaining UUM to craft other resources.

Efficiencies could be improved considerably even in my simple example, especially since uranium costs some number less than 10 UUM to make, but you get the point.

It's a bad idea to modify a mod based on what other mods let you do. Balance is never achieved that way, and the success of the mod becomes tied forever after to the whims and changes of every other mod that interacts with it.

And I'm still not entirely sure how you think that a cobble gen creates energy - it doesn't - merely fodder for scrap.

You don't need a mod to make infinite cobblestone. Just some lava, water and pistons. The only think you need to make it entirely automated is a block breaker. And with infinite cobble you get infinite scrap which will ultimately produce infinite energy using UUM. With the right reactor setup you will produce a surplus of uranium, thus never needing to farm anymore resources.

In the next release storage blocks emit redstone power, which with a bit of wiring could be used on a splitter cable to allow excess power to be directed to a mass fab.

Is there a thread on these forums that gives details about futures releases? Besides the suggestions forums which are very vague and nonspecific to actual releases and their possible content. Apologies in advance if I have overlooked such a thread.

Imaginary purple goo generated out of 1 million EU.*

One million EU generated for free in conjunction with a cobblestone generator. Once you have a proper feedback loop built you can turn it on and ultimately create matter without any loss, only perpetual gain. Cobblestone should probably be excluded from Recyclers and Mass Fabricators.

New to IC2 anad the forums. So if what I am about to suggest is ridiculous because I missed something, please forgive me.

I have been reading about the multiple chamber designs using water buckets for cooling and how vital it is to maintain 5 or 6 buckets a second. Instaed of that why not 3 or four single chamber reactors each requiring only 2 buckets per second? The follwoing design produces 490EU/t. Add two more reactors and you get 1470EU/t. A foruth, 1960. The only major drawback I see is that you would need approxiamtely 50% more uranium cells to match the 1520EU/t design I saw here. Thoughts?

Reactor Design: http://www.talonfiremage.pwp.b…=1110101011201521s1r11r10