Posts by Relicbane

Ok, time for an update.

I removed the 13 HVTF and place just 1 much closer to the reactor, and tested the theory above. It worked, the fiber line when tested with an EU meter was reading 1820 but it didn't blow, and neither did the MFSU's in the array. The reactor ran a full cycle at 1820 EU/t producing 365 000 000 EU total, completely filling all 37 MFSU in the array.

i would post new screen shots, but there really isn't much change from the ones above. (with the exception of the removal of the HVTFs and the HV line swapped to fiber)

I tried that, no change. I did some testing last night. Sound is disabled, went from standard red alloy wiring to jacked and insulated, thinking it was the lighting change causing the lag. No change still. i tried adjusting ALL settings under the video settings, no change...

The lag I am talking about is quite significant... I mean like from 75 FPS to 10 FPS (MAX). It’s not just my system it is affecting but all members of the server. I tried using the latest version of forge as well...

this works because when transforming down, the transformer outputs 4 512 pulses (=2048 capacity) per tick. save you a few EUs if you want to

That right there was my question. I was worried about 1820 input to a HVTF and only 512 output, where did the 1308 go!! but that makes perfects sense. i only with i knew that before i made 13 of them. Ok so I can change that out, cut down the EU loss threw the HV cable.

Hey everyone,

Backstory;

Building my first 1820 CASUC and I wanted to find a way to store ALL EU produced from 1 full cycle (totaling 364,000,000 EU for a full cycle). So i figured well that's easy, that's just 37 MFSU. Then i realized that 1820 EU/t is over the 512 max input on an MFSU so i needed a HVTF in between the reactor and the MFSU array.

So i have completed it. 38 MFSU laid out in a way that 13 MFSU receive the total output from the reactor and then fill to full, and then begin to fill the MFSU directly above it. This happens until all MFSU are totaly full. Or so I THINK.

This is where you guys come in, before I turn the system on, and risk blowing the back end of my shop clean off the map, I figured I would see what you guys thought...

as you can see i have 3x INS HV line coming from the reactor, being split to 13 HVTF. from the 13 HVTF it goes over fiber to the bottom of 13 MFSU, those 13 should fill then start to fill the 13 above it, etc etc etc until all are full. All draw from the system will be from the output from the TOP MFSU. As long as my demand for power coming OUT of the energy bank does not exceed 512 then i should never have any issued with power. and i can afford to only need to run the reactor when i get to 98% power depleted.

Anyways, let me know what you think.

Relic

First off, this TP looks great, i can't wait to use it properly... that being said, i am having issues...

I'm not new to this whole patching minecraft to get HD textures to work, but with the newest version of MCPATCHER (2.3.0) it seems that they are trying to get into the mod support scene, and as such if you try to patch the game AFTER you install technic pack it won't allow you to patch for HD due to some perceived conflict. If you try to patch it BEFORE you apply the technic pack then minecraft has a fatal exception upon load up and crashes... *sigh* i know i could add all of the mods to MCPATCHER, but with the technic pack that is like 20 freakin zip files to associate, and the most important one (IC2) is not in a ZIP. So hand loading ALL of that into MCPATCHER just so that it can play nice seems a little much...

any help with this would be greatly appreciated, i am able to answer any questions and screen cap anything you like to get this working....

thanks again