Posts by spocane

Just so everyone knows, the Modular Force Field System IC2 add on now has a nuclear reactor force field that displays the Hull Temperature.

It also does a great job protecting from explosions! Check it out in the add ons section.

~spocane~

So far it seems that your 1.1 version is working great!

The one bug that i found, is that if you have an extender attached diagonally to the directional projector, you are able to remove the extender while the field is turned ON. Doing this leaves behind the force field blocks and there is no way that you can get rid of them in game.

I'm not sure if you are supposed to be able to use them on the diagonal, but it has the potential to mess up your worlds.

Hope this is descriptive enough, or i can re set it up to get a picture for you.

Also on the Reactor Force Field, are the blocks supposed to have the Iron texture, or just the regular Force field texture?

~spocane~

@Thunderdark: thanks for your reply, its nice to know the camouflage only supports vanilla blocks, and yes a GUI control for the new upgrades would be nice, even if they are just "on" and "off".

Yes exactly! sorry if I couldn't explain it better before. In fact you don't sink, or you don't notice it like when walking on soulsand at least, but it appears the FF blocks are a bit shorter than normal blocks, so if you're trying to enter to a 2 high x 1 wide entrance, it won't let you unless you jump a bit or place a block above the entrance.
    A video would explain it better, but since I'm a bit short of time I will post some images so you can recreate it.

In the first setting you're unable to enter walking, in the second one you may enter normally:

This seems similar to the old repeater bug in vanilla minecraft. Same thing happens if you place a repeater 1 block outside of a 1x2 tunnel/doorway and try walk through, you get stuck on the repeater. If you place a block, like you have picture, above the repeater you can go right through.

~spocane~

Hi, First off i want to say that this is a great addition to IC2.

Secondly i want to inform you that i have possibly found a bug in the Pre5 version. When you destroy any of the Projektors, they do not drop Frequency Card that was inside of it. Now this is not a crutial thing, just more of a pain in the butt when you have to craft a new one if you forget to remove it before destroying the Projektor.

~spocane~