Posts by LokeDK

A couple of weeks ago, I reported a problem with my SMP server (http://forum.industrial-craft.…page=Thread&threadID=4101)

My server has been offline since then, since my users wasn't really ready to downgrade their 1.1 clients. Last night, one of my users brought to my attention, that the wiki (on the pump) had been updated to say:

Completely broken for 160++ will crush map\SMP world if multiple pumps attached to single compressor.
    To restore world change ID of compressor - this will remove any placed compressor TE from world on next load.

The users, that have not already found other servers, are more than willing to have all their compressors erased, as long as it brings our world back. I've tried changing the id in IC2.cfg for "guiIdCompressor=" to all sorts of different ids. Already occupied ids, available ids, negative id. I've also tried deleting the line altogether, but all to no avail. Am I doing it wrong? Is there another way to change the compressor id?

Alternatively, is there any kind of time frame as to when a fix could be released, and are there any indication if the next version will actually restore old broken worlds?

Thanks in advance.

/Loke

After updating IC2 from 1.43 to 1.64, my existing SMP server is reporting this:

Starting a fresh world works fine, but I'm more than a bit reluctant to tell my users that their world has ended... :)

Thanks in advance for any help on this.

Is it possible to disable the 4 Quantum armor parts in the configuration somehow?

I run a server with IC2 and me and my users are enjoying it a lot. Except that the server occasionally dies, usually following an error like this:

I suspect that the speed from the leggings might be the culprit, but it's just a gut feeling. Anyway, I've discussed this with my users, and we kind of agree that the Quantum armor is actually a bit over powered. A full suit takes most of the "risk" out of the game. I guess we could just "not use it", but it would be really nice if it could be disabled totally on the server.