Posts by Spearmaniac

Hadn't thought of griefing since I don't do SMP, but with the energy cost, it is not an easy thing to use - there are much easier ways to break things if you want to be "that guy". The targeted generator is precisely an upgraded tesla coil (there is even one in the recipe) but can a tesla coil make a lightning creeper? I don't think so :) Coding the strikes shouldn't be hard, several other mods do it (EE's storm ring, arrow mod's lightning arrows).

I am a realist, I know the odds of any given suggestion actually making it into a heavily-developed mod like this, I just thought it would be a lot of fun to play with lightning :D

Thanks for the polite tone of the replies, I was bracing for a minecraft forum style shoot down...

My first post here, be kind ;)

These machines serve no real useful purpose, but they'd be fun!

Idea one - Lightning tube
    Set up by placing glass tubes between two Van der Graaf generators, crafted thus:

Glass tube:
    3 reinforced glass in a line
    pretty simple

VdG Generator:
    :Tin Ingot: :Tin Ingot: :Tin Ingot:
    :Tin Ingot: :Refined Iron: :Tin Ingot:
    :Tin Ingot: :Tin Ingot: :Tin Ingot:

tin around refined iron

What it does: when enough current is available to one GdF, electricity arcs through the tube to the other one. Wastes ALOT of energy, 50 EU/tick* length of tube. (so a tube 2 blocks long will consume 100 EU/tick, 3 long=150EU, etc.)
    For the Minecrafter who thinks his factory needs more of an insane villain vibe...

Idea two - Lightning Generator (Not a lightning rod!)

Lightning Generator:
    :Rubber: :Tesla Coil: :Rubber:
    :Refined Iron: :Advanced Machine: :Refined Iron:
    :Refined Iron: :Energy Crystal: :Refined Iron:
    Lightning Generator causes lightning to strike random location
    within 32 block radius every 5 seconds when powered by redstone during
    rainstorm. Consumes 100,000 EU/strike.

Targeted Lightning Generator:
    :Rubber: :Tesla Coil: :Rubber:
    :Advanced Circuit: :Advanced Machine: :Advanced Circuit:
    :Refined Iron: :Energy Crystal: :Refined Iron:
    ( :Energy Crystal: =Lapotron Crystal)