Posts by Chewbaker

Hi everyone, I have an announcement to make and I'm pretty sure it's the one you've all been waiting for.

(MODS INCLUDED IN THIS PACK ARE NOT THE WORK OF ENDERVILLE (not all of them) WE HAVE BEEN GIVEN APPROPRIATE PERMISSION TO REDISTRIBUTE THE WHOLE CONTENT OF THE ENDERPACK 3.0)

Server IP: onefive.enderville.com
    Quick info: Server runes 24/7 in a German data center, stable pings for AUS, USA, EU plus more,

THE 1.5.1 SERVER IS NOW OPEN FOR PUBLIC BETA!

You can find the link to the EnderPack here - http://enderville.com/threads/…ublic-beta-download.1437/ - Please note that you will have to be registered to see the link.

Now for the nitty-gritty stuff. How to install the pack.

Some of you may remember the installer from the 1.2.5 version of the modpack - this is exactly the same, with one difference. You WILL need to modify the startup of the instance to be able to play. This is due to the sheer amount of mods we have in the pack this time.

This is quite easy if you use MultiMC (which I recommend you use).

1) Download and run MultiMC (if you haven't already - from http://forkk.net/MultiMC.html) (Place MultiMC in it's own folder - this will make things easier down the line)
    2) Create a new instance in MultiMC - There will be a "Change Version" button - press that and select 1.5.1. Give it a name and hit OK.
    3) Load the new instance at least once, to let it download all the Minecraft files and whatnot.
    4) Run the modpack installer from the Zip file. Point it to <LOCATION OF MULTIMC>\instances\<INSTANCE NAME>\minecraft.
    5) Once modpack installation is complete, right-click on the instance and choose settings.
    6) Once the settings window is open, select the "Java" tab and then uncheck "Use Defaults" under "Java Settings".
    7) In the "JVM Arguments" box, enter this EXACTLY -XX:MaxPermSize=256M
    8) Press OK - you are now ready to run the modded instance of Minecraft with the EnderPack, and should be OK to join the server.

Please note that I am currently in the midst of making a How-To video of all the steps above, but this may take a while as my PC isn't too powerful. (Damn you rendering, damn you!)

I have also added a link up the top of the forums called "Support Center" - please use this if you have any issues and DO NOT post your problems on the forums. We are also wanting to test out our new ticketing system at the same time.

You may notice once you get the modpack up and running that We have already placed the server connection details in the Multiplayer area. If your ISP isn't very good and does not support DNS SRV records, you will find the alternative server details in the download thread.

Please please PLEASE note that as per what I've written above, this is a BETA - there are bound to be bugs here and there so please be calm and report it to us via the Support Center if you encounter anything, even if you tell a mod/admin whilst ingame. There will be also "random" restarts as we find bugs/incorrect settings and restart the server to fix them.

Finally, once we're happy the beta has ticked all the boxes (even after possibly upgrading to 1.5.2) we will be looking for extra staff for our up and coming f2p server. People who have already applied to be staff will get priority in our decisions but just because you were first in DOES NOT mean that you are best dressed.

Thanks for waiting guys, and I hope you have fun!

Want to join us? sign up at www.enderville.com?

Spoiler contains pack content and there owners/creators