Posts by Dethier

It also does not work with the timbur mod (reason for my suggesting this xD) though if you would consider making it do the whole tree, than you should slow it down, but make it still a decent amount faster than the diamond axe. Please think about it :D or possibly can someone make this an addon? o.0 Because we all know how annoying it is to collect lumber =(

This suggestion is to make the chainsaw more valuable, I propose that the IC2 team try and make the chainsaw work like the axes in (for instance) the timbur mod. You cut down one block of wood, and all the others above it are chopped down aswell.

I believe this will improve the lumber intake and ease the work load of collecting wood/lumber.

Please consider :)

My idea is basically said in the title. I know that coal is the most common ore, but wood is even more common than that (in most cases) and since coal was added as a substitute for coal I think it would be fair if we could macerate charcoal for coal dust :) Please at least consider :thumbup:

The Nano-suit is just like basic armor, but you can recharge it. I am unsure what it is the equivilent of in how long it would last if not recharged.
    Unlike in IC1, you cannot upgrade it to gaint the special abilities. Those have all been added to the quantum suit instead.
    The Nanosuit cannot be activated, as it has no active abilities. The quantum suit's active abilities activate with the Ctrl key being held down. Running and jumping really far are both active abilities. Underwater breathing, Fall damage negation, as well as invulnerability shield are all automatic.
    I am not sure. I imagine it is similar in power to diamond armor, but I lack any easy method to compare them.

Thanks :) hopefully one of the coders can give me more specifics hehe, and I think i read somewhere that the quantanium chestplate is bugged or something and dusnt negate damage, idk lol

My previous reply was edited right as you posted. Also I believe there is a way to safe guard the area around the reactor but it may prove to cost much more than it does to merely operate the reactor itself. So I guess 'an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure'.

Haha well whynot provide an example of your safe guard so that people may decide for themselves if its worth it ^^

I myself donot use nuclear power because tbh I havent much looked into the engineering process and Id rather wait till all the bugs are worked out so that I dont get used to a process that doesnt work :P

I tested the blast radius and damage of a full reactor set filled up with uranium. It took a 7x7 11x11 cube (I looked at the cube and found that I miscounted lol) of reinforced stone to absorb the blast. Even then there was slight outside damage where one or two holes were made and blasted through. While I did not try obsidian, if the reactor and nuke operate like the normal tnt then I would say the encasing it fully in obsidian will grant you the best protection.

Edit: I just tried with a 5x5 cube of obsidian. The result was not what I expected. MinecraftCreeper The meltdown completely destroyed the obsidian cube and the surrounding area. Looking at the blast radius it seems that the obsidian had little to no effect on the blast. Troubling...

Indeed. the diamond tip drill rips threw obsidian in about 2 seconds while it takes a daimond pick about 15ish seconds. To go threw reinforced stone you NEED a daimond tip drill and it takes about 15 seconds, that should tell you something about the (blast) resistance difference.

Also if the numbers are incorrect, ignore them, I somewhat made them up to prove the point :P

No offense, but the "it's not logical so it shouldn't work" argument doesn't work for minecraft. I mean we've got dirt that refuses to obey gravity, creepers that somehow survived as a race even though they blow themselves up, and the capability to make infinite water.

On Topic: Anti Matter? HECK YEA! Would be useful for transporting ridiculous qunatites of energy. Though if this gets implemented, I'm gonna have to demand an anti matter bomb....

LOL OMG THAT WOULD BE EPIC!!!

Agreed, and while the lightning idea isn't half bad...

What if nuclear reactors have the possibility to mutate creatures that wandered too close into some horrible...thing...

EDIT: At the massive idea mentioned above, perhaps we should see what 1.8 villages do, and base the robots off of that?

Maybe the robots could "take over" the villages?

Batboxes can only ever emit power from their dotted side. But applying redstone to an LV-transformer in its place (3-dots up) should have the effect you want. Alternately, just split the cable four ways and put the batbox above the junction.

So moving the lv transformer to where the batbox is would do the trick? Alright ill do that then :) do I still needa have the redstone torch under the transformer or no?