Posts by Ivalen

Lol ok - trade secret? :)

And is it done without wireless redstone rcvr and teleport pipes? Or does one make a shielded tunnel out of the reactor core? (in other words the meltdown blast doesn't go around corners).

From a mechanics point of view, do the holes in your reinforced shielding (for power and redstone cable) compromise the shielding aspect at all? Is the blast contained, partially contained, or is the full force directed out the hole?

I did a before and after test, so I think I know the answer - so wiring up from the bottom is probably best? Full containment not possible?

I disagree with your value for wind energy. my 16er Farm delivers 38 EUt averagely :3

I'm fine with the idea of scrapping providing 2 EUt... Of course it's more then most infinite gens, but it's vastly more complex and justifys the gain.
    Ntm hardcore solarist will claim you can place 20+ Solar panels in the space that contraption uses :3

Lol of course - I can fit nuclear power in there too. Not advocating it's usage, just posted as a fun method for power generation.

I never knew that scrap could be burned.... If you had Equivalent Exchange then you might be able to directly convert cobble to coal some how. On the other hand, that is completely random. :P Have you reached ignition? How much energy does this make?

Yes definitely - you have to prime the generator with a piece of coal, but after that the machine self-sustains and fills up that batbox pretty quick.

For kicks I wanted to see how viable a self-sustaining power generator could be using a cobblestone generator.

A block-breaker is used to pull a cobblestone block and spit it out in to an obsidian pipe. The redstone timer is tweaked to 1.5s from the default of 2s and this matches the cobblestone generation perfectly.

The obsidian pipe feeds to a gold pipe and then in to the top of a Recycler. The gold pipe is used to expel cobblestone when the recycler fills up and sends it to the lava block.

A pipe from the recycler (powered by redstone pump) sends scrap to the input of a generator. The generator powers the batbox and the recycler draws its power from the batbox.

The system has to be primed - so at 0EUs a single piece of coal in the generator is enough to get it going.

The third image shows a setup of 4 such generators. I had fun doing it.