Posts by Lightblader

Nano-Dissolver:

Created to increase the processing of stone without destroying it. Has a high chance of giving you the original block you mine (like silk-touch), on the disadvantage of the nano-dissolvers to also destroy nearby blocks.

10% to get the original block, 50% to destroy one additional block nearby... may chain up to 10 blocks. If improved higher chance of silk-touch, lesser chance of chain-breaking.

As said before, multiple blockbreaking is unlikely to be implemented.

My Suggestion:

Created to increase the processing of stone without destroying it. Has a high chance of giving you the original block you mine (like silk-touch), on the disadvantage of the block being destroyed the process (10%).

or

Create to process the material while Mining. The divice will purify the mined material, causing cobblestone to become smooth stone. (Sand > Glass, Iron ore > Iron etc.) This will, ofcouse, result in 5x times higher energydrain per use. (5x? what is balanced.)

It's not overpowered because you lose 1 ore (mecrator>dust).

What a nice suggestion you have here. I'd love to see this(similar) way of "enchanting" in game. However, +50% block breaking speed with diamond drill probably can't be done and it also throws 10x power to instabreak blocks to garbage.

Agreed, Instead of instant breaking make it break 2x2 or 3x3 Blocks for 15x Energy.

OD and OV scanners are kinda imprecise in terms of searching ores, in my opinion.
    People like something that detects the exact location of ores, not something that says : there are ores nearby you, have fun looking for them.

Or make scanners show how many and which ore(s) are nearby you :D

I was thinking of combining those two, why not give the OV/OD scanner a second mode to scan horizontaly? lets say 64 blocks e.g.
    This would be very helpfull while mining 4 specific ores sice the only spawn certain layers.
    Not sure, but it should also be easier to implement since its not nessesary to craft a whole new item.

So far Lightblader