Posts by Sukasa

Don't pipes connecting to the top/bottom of a furnace have the ability to address slots didferently? Would it be possible to gave the top and bottom pipes each correspond to one input and the side pipe to the two outputs? If spacetoad passes on or puts off the API, I mean.

Name:
    "Coolant Pump"

Description:
    In order to assist with operation and design of higher-mark nuclear reactors, I propose the creation of a "coolant pump" block that, when placed next to either a nuclear reactor or reactor chamber block, can provide an additional 2 H/t of cooling to the reactor hull, consuming 5 EU/t to do so. Redstone current can be applied to shut down the pump, with operation resuming as soon as the current is removed. The block CANNOT be placed in such a way that it would border more than one reactor chamber or nuclear reactor, as a pump can only support a single reactor (one reactor can have multiple pumps, however).

The advantage of this would be to allow higher-efficiency reactors or breeder reactors to operate, as well as ease the design process by allowing the user to trade electrical output for thermal output, and/or maintain the reactor at a preferable temperature without completely starting or stopping the reaction process, something that is highly beneficial to efficient breeder reactor design.

Another option for the pump is to allow the pump to remove either 1, 2, 3, or 4 H/t at the cost of 2.5EU/t each, rounded up to the nearest integer amount, configured either via GUI switch or by placing redstone dust in 1, 2, 3, or 4 slots.

Recipe:

NOTE: It wasn't until after posting this (Murphy's law) that I noticed some glaring issues with the design. Those will be fixed shortly. I have fixed the flaws

Design Brief:
    After playing around with reactors for a bit, I've come up with a Mark-I reactor that I'm reasonably happy with. This core design requires all six reactor chambers to be attached, and needs a full water sheath around the central core to avoid an overheat. Other than that, this unit has a decent output at 60EU/t, though at an unfortunately low efficiency rating of 1.5. In the event that you do not need 60 EU/t or wish to achieve a higher efficiency rating you could easily remove some of the single rods and their surrounding coolant cells, this will also reduce construction and operation costs.

Reactor Design:

Breeder Capabilities:
    This reactor can be configured to support low-efficiency negative breeding by swapping the central uranium rod for the isotope to enrich. Replacement of cooling cells with water buckets and/or removal of some cells is recommended for faster breeding.

Required Construction Materials:
    1 Nuclear Reactor
    6 Reactor Chambers
    35 Coolant Cells
    11 Integrated Heat Dispersers

Required Operation Materials, per cycle:
    8 Uranium Cells

Technical Data:

Good to mention. Bronze boots werent implemented whenthe Magnetizer was coded, and forgotten to be added later on.

Seeing as Bronze is not magnetic, bronze boots not working actually makes a lot of sense