Posts by rdsn597

I stand corrected! Still, I have a hard time finding a genuine use for 15 seconds per uu matter or one ore per tick furnaces. For example, for the furnace thing, it is probably more efficient to just set up more furnaces compared to overclocking them like mad.

For me, I don't really do a lot with the power that I produce with just one of my CASUCs. I guess I keep building them just to see how high I can push the limits and because I enjoy having massive amounts of power at my disposal. Who really needs 1820eu/t anyway? The only reason I can think of is teleporters.

This is brilliant. Recently, I have been working on a shutdown mechanism using evaporating water, but the method only works if the reactor heats up slowly enough, generally around 5 minutes to :Nuke TNT: . Any quicker and the water isn't given enough time to evaporate and the whole thing goes boom. This chicken activated system should solve the time problem for anything under a few seconds. One question though, how does this thing work when the player gets further away, despawning the chicken? Generally, a fail safe is needed only when I am nowhere near the reactor.

Just a tip, computercraft computers can output directly to bundled cables and control coloured insulated cables.
    Now back to redpower
    I think your tutorial can use some more images with the key parts labeled.
    Also, I think you should explain the fundamentals of redpower, such as the uses of the various circuits and all that, since that seems to be what is tripping up beginners
    Hope that helps!

Ok, I have been fooling around with my bucket CASUC for some time now, and the limit for bucket CASUCs seem to be 1590 eu/t. I have not been able to make mine go over that number. This is the design I am using. If I add anymore uranium, the reactor slowly heats up until it is on fire. Seems like the buckets are not able to get into the reactor fast enough. Is anyone able to make a design that can go over this limit?

Just want to add that you can also control a reactor using computercraft if you know how to code. I personally use computercraft and I can make the computer actively monitor the reactor and shut it down if necessary. It save me once, when it prevented the reactor from going :Nuke TNT: !

Hi, I am new to this mod, and I am trying to build my first reactor. How do you guys automatically remove empty buckets from a reactor. I can put water buckets in using pipes but I can't take empty buckets out.