Posts by SneakyTouchy

Thanks guys for helping me figure this out.

So what I have discovered is that I can measure the core heat by simply watching the rate of ice consumption. Even though my reactor components were cool, the ice was continuously being consumed with no break. That means the core's heat was not being removed and it would eventually explode.

I have managed to put together enough pumps and compressors to bring my reactor up to about 350eu/t average by carefully judging how much ice I am producing. My Ice cache is just barely growing over time, so the next step now is to continue hunting for resources so I can build more pumps and compressors.

And I must say, having a massive underground room with about 22 pumps and 22 compressors in it with all those pipes, just to keep the reactor cool, IS REALLY COOL.

So what effect does the constant feed of ice have on my reactor? It seems to be cooling the internal components very well but is not allowing me to run the reactors with a longer on time percentage. That was my intention, to see if it were possible to increase my run vs off time through ice feed.

Another thing I just noticed while playing with that other reactor program. No matter what config I make, when I add ice, the generation to cooldown time ratio remains the same. I add ice and say 2 blocks per second and it calculates my generation time being about 50% greater, but the cooldown time goes up 50% as well. No matter what options I pick, my Generator "on" time remains at 2.5%. This is confusing. I'm not sure about this program. The values are very confusing, glitchy and don't make sense. I think the program itself is malfunctioning.

I've been working on an experiment that involves a reactor packed mostly of uranium cells. I have a redstone circuit that allows me to control the duty cycle on it to whatever I want, anywhere from 1% to 99%. (for example i can have it run 10% by being on for a second and then off for another 9). But I am having a problem.

I leave one spot open in the reactor for ICE. I have a system of pumps and compressors that manufacture ice at about 2 cubes per second and automatically feeds them into the core. This keeps things cool to where I can run my reactor at 50% duty cycle without any components visually wearing. All the coolant cells and plates stay fairly healthy at this duty cycle with constant ice flowing in.

But, as I am monitoring the reactor running smoothly, it will spontaneously explode without any forewarning fires, damage, or burned internal parts. BOOM my entire base and everything gone. Luckily I have been backing up the map before every test run :) But I do not understand why it is exploding if the parts are cool. Is there a difference between core temperature and component temperature that I have no way of monitoring? Does the Ice actually do it's job or is it just an illusion and actually overheating? Do I need more plates or what? MinecraftCreeper

http://test.vendaria.net/index…UCCUUUUXCUUUUPPCCPPXXXXXX