Posts by spineraker

Hey Player! I run a private modpack called Earf2 through the FTB launcher. I'm just notifying you that we are including your mod in our pack, with the notice you've provided in our modpack description. Thank you so much for your work as well; this mod really does improve our stability :).

I do not have a bug report form or report itself, so I'm just asking for support on this matter (even though I believe it to BE a bug). If this is misfiled, I apologize immediately and would like to be directed to the correct location. Thank you :).

I've been trying to figure out why the EU cost of the Teleporter doesn't match the calculations given on the wiki. I've done a days worth of calculations and arrived at this conclusion: The Teleporter is bugged (I've been hearing this off and on through other topics and forums but have yet to see any specific thing pointing it out). I know how to fix it though! I just can't seem to find a way to compile from the .java to .class; it's quite infuriating. So here's the issue. Since I can't just make a custom mod for our server (waiting for the actual mod to be fixed), maybe someone else has a solution that I've not looked at.

According to the Wiki, the calculation for player teleport is Distance * (1000 + Inventory + Armor) where Distance = sqrt( (dx)^2 + (dy)^2 + (dz)^2 ), Inventory = 100 * Current stack size) / Max stack size, and armor = 100/used slot. This is fine in concept but is not the case when used. I setup a simple testing area: Two TPs powered by MSFUs, the first at -177 289 66, the second at -151 294 66. Doing the math, we come out to 26.47640459 Distance. Assuming a completely naked person--no armor or items--we take the base 1000 for player TP, and no inventory costs. Putting this through the rest of the math: 26.47640459*1000 = 26,476 EU (dropping fractions as suggested on wiki). I fill TP #1 with 27,000 EU and try it: Nothing. I then leave it charging while I stand on it. As soon as it hits 60,825 EU--I TP as normal.

Obviously, THAT isn't supposed to happen. I decompiled the server-side Transporter.class file to take a look at what could be malfunctioning and found that the variable passed to the power draw method is setup to inject a huge amount of extra power in there.

As is outlined here, superfluous math is being done beyond the equation given on the wiki. As I see it, it takes "Player weight" (Inv+Armor+1000) and multiplies it by "Distance*10^0.6...96" and multiplies that by 5. As far as I can tell, this is not the way it is supposed to be. Simply replacing the definition of variable "j" with the following:

Code
    int j = (int)((double)i * Math.floor(d));

Should result in the exact function outlined on the wiki. So these details in mind, does anyone know if I am just looking at this wrong? Has anyone reported this issue before? I tried doing a search but couldn't find anything matching my results within the first two pages. If someone could give some insight on this issue, or suggest a possible fix, I'd be much appreciated. If permissible, and I don't know about this one, if someone could explain how I could just mod it for our server until an official release (if this is a bug) comes out, I'd be even more grateful. As an end note: I'm not trying to be a show off or start a fight or anything! I'm outlining the above to try and help my own issue while asking for help :(. Thank you for all your time! :)