Posts by SkyraSK

Hi Greg,

I'd been trying to make tin alloy for a few hours (admittedly while drinking sweet, sweet booze) but burned through about 3 ceramic crucibles and failed, only ever generating "tin plates"

So I go back to NEI for the 50th time and think, "Hm, maybe I need to actually use actual tin dust for this recipe". So I grind one of the tin plates I had made only to have the mortar generate tin alloy dust -- so apparently the tin alloy plates display the name "Tin Plate" at the first line, but show "tin alloy" in the 4th line. If I hadn't activated the H+F3 feature I might have never known. Just FYI (also I'm still a little booze-o-lized so maybe I'm wrong? But I don't think so, it's been forever since I officially posted something here, and I usually check myself a few times before I post)

there is bug with naming them, try to look at contains and not on name, it should be tin alloy if you did it correctly

ok question is what should yours electrolyzer do? is it MV electrolyzer or LV one?

Indeed for Iron this is perfect: throw 64 Limonite dusts in there at once and just throw in Carbon once in a while while draining the Crucible.

That won't work, because if you trow in stack of limonite 16 pieces of it will go inside crucible and rest will stay in buffer thus you can't trow any carbon inside because buffer is already full and crucible have no room and no room will be created afterwards. But you can trow in first 8 carbon and than trow in stack of limonite dust, because carbon will go directly to crucible from buffer and than 8 pieces from stack of limonite dust will get into crucible and 56 limonite dust will stay inside buffer. So as result you can heat it up to 1811°K and get 2 iron 7 carbon and 7 limonite temperature will drop than and after you heat it up to 1811 again another one and something iron will get smelted inside crucible so theoretically you can get true whole stack of limonite. But i prefer to pull iron in between heating.

Quoted from "SkyraSK"
    Also why titanium burning box to titanium boiler to invar turbine produce more than 64 RU/t when it should line up perfectly.

Are you 100% sure it lines up perfectly?

Well i don't know what do you think as perfectly, but titanium burning box produces 96 HU/t titanium boiler can accept up to 112 HU/t and should convert 1 HU to 2 steam what means output should be 192 steam/t and that is max steam invar turbine can accept. If i use chromium boiler witch can accept up to 96 HU/t than it works fine and pressure in boiler doesn't rise. So either titnium boiler is somehow more efficient with lover HU input or there is some kind of rounding error.

Edit: when i thought about it i bet you wait until internal buffer of boiler is filled and release steam only then, with execs heat going to next cycle so this behavior is probably intentional so we can't use boilers with burning box that doesn't produce at least amount of heat declared in tool tip.

Hi Greg,
    why electrolyzing wrought iron dust gives tiny pile of tin dust. Also why titanium burning box to titanium boiler to invar turbine produce more than 64 RU/t when it should line up perfectly.
    And one suggestion/idea would it be possible to add premixed dusts for smelting. Something like using mixer to mix 3 copper dusts with 1 tin dust to get 4 bronze smelting mix dusts. Reversing would be possible with centrifuge or electrolizer. This would be great for automation of alloy smelting i know there is in place possibility to mix molten metals in mixer, but with this regular smelting would be easier too(no need to go thru 7 steps smelting to get blue steel).