Posts by Nibinin

Same thing happening here but with regular generators.

I have a coal fed generator connected to a batbox that then distributes power to a few machines. Every so often the generator storage bar fills but it doesn't send energy to either the batbox or the machines with work to do, even when replacing the ores or resin.

Exiting the game and reloading the world makes them start up again.

Edit: Installed the 1.95b version and the problem still happens sporadically. I haven't seen any errors on the MultiMC console.

Luke, I had this same problem yesterday. I solved it as follows:

Deleted the minecraft.jar and logged in to get a clean copy.

Reinstalled Modloader and ModloaderMP. Then reinstalled Forge, but used the version recommended here (1.2.3.4) I like to launch minecraft after I install every component. I don't know if it is necessary but it can't do any harm and has always given me good results.

Reinstalled all the mods (or parts of mods, in my case an addon of Forestry) that need to go inside the .jar Reloaded

Reinstalled all the mods that belong in the mods folder.

Then I made a backup copy of my savegame (the map I was playing when I got the saving chunks error) and ran Chunkster on the savegame to repair any damage that might have happened to the map (it found a couple).

Now it works fine.

A little quick bit of back story.

I have been playing SSP the last few weeks with IC 1.64, the latest Buildcraft (2.X, not the alpha) Rei's Minimap and Zeldo's Additional Pipes. With this combination I have had absolutely no problems.

Yesterday I decided to try out a new combination of mods as follows:

IndustrialCraft v1.64
    Buildcraft 3.1.3 (All of it)
    RedPower 2.0 pr4d (All of it)
    Forestry for Minecraft 1.3.2.1 (including the fj.class file added to minecraft.jar for backpack use)
    CraftGuide 1.4.2 + Quickguide
    Rei's Minimap v3.0_01
    Additional Pipes

All installed with latest versions of Modloader/ModloaderMp/Forge

The only changes I made to the config files were:
    De-activate generation of copper and tin by RedPower and Forestry (so only IC copper and tin are generated)
    Added the ID's of RedPower ores to the IC Miner config option so they will be mined

I had been playing for most of the day without a problem (last exam was y-day YAAAAY) when suddenly, when I tried to equip a batpack for the first time in that game (it was only partially charged) i got the dreaded Saving Chunks + Black screen.

Error Report:

Thanks. Hope I didn't forget anything.

The reason I don't think it is a bug is that with the old combination the Batpack caused no problems at all. It is only with all this extra added stuff that something has happened. Chances are I mucked up somewhere.

That said, nothing except the forestry class file for backpacks(and obviously ML/MLMP/MF) has been added to the .jar. It is all running from the mods folder and loads fine.