Posts by petergriffin59

Here is few extra alarm sounds for the howler just extract it to
    C:\Users\your user name\AppData\Roaming\.minecraft\resources\newsound\ic2nuclearControl
    The sci-fi alarms are finished it contains 6 new alarms all made by me. I will do the intraindustry alarms at a later date as well as a few random ones and funny ones.
    Had to use dropbox for the sci fi alarms as file size was too big to upload here.

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/50537…rms/sci%20fi%20alarms.zip

Cant use splitter cables as it is just the same as just disconnecting the wire which is useless as it takes 2 minecraft days for the luminator internal storage power to run out. so there is no way of turning them on and off without breaking them and replacing them which is stupid and a waste of resources. i coult use the normal minecraft redstone lights but they don't fit with the theme as I prefer the look of the luminators as they look good as street lights and also house lights.

Well the idea is to be able to lay redstone wire on top of ic2 cable as it would make a few things easier like for when controlling a power storage unit you wont have to make extra space for the wire. Another idea was to be able to turn the luminators on and off with a redstone signal like with no redstone signal the luminator is on when redstone signal is received it turn off as this way round it would not be annoying and you wouldn't be forced to make extra space for redtone wiring.

The current gui for the reactor is good it simple but it would be helpful it it had a temperature monitor or something there so you can tell exactly how hot it is and how fast the heat is being generated as it would makes things a lot easier as you can really tell if your layout that you have made works as the current way you don't know until it is to late as when it on fire or exploded.
    Another thing that would be good and helpful is if you could attach buildcraft water/liquid pipes to the reactor as this could make cooling it a lot easier at time but of course it would not be as effective as coiling cells so you would still need cooling cells it just the water pipes can assist in the cooling and it would open a lot of new ways of creating your reactors.

when using a high amount of geothermal generators as the image shown it causes issues with the sound render when standing next to them it is not an issue but when I walk away from them so I cant hear them any more it makes the whole game lag and the only way to fix it is to restart the client but even then the second i go near them again it laggs.

By petergriffin716 at 2012-05-21

By petergriffin716 at 2012-05-21

Nick: petergriffin59 (same name for everything)
    Timezone: gmt+0/england
    postion: creating/searching/modifying sound files also spriter/skinner
    previous experience: 2 year collage course in games development still on second year but almost over. also I do a lot of stuff in my free time I am used to doing high resolution textures although I am perfectly capable of doing low res textures. I have a fair amount of experience with sound files both creating and editing as I use a synthesiser and am experienced in audacity and adobe audition as I like to play around with them in my free time.

my texturing/skining work can be found here along with my modeling work http://www.tumblr.com/blog/petergriffin59 yes they are high res but i can do low res but if you want a preview of a something pixelated just ask