Posts by Razerous

The question about UUM is the 'Running costs' listed on reactor designs without any reflectors or condensators. What kind of running cost? Are there other consumable components?

So to confirm - if a reactor gets hot enough, it will melt (lava-fy) sections of the reactor housing, compromising overall protection. So leave space to allow for the melt-zone.

I'm really keen to use the Codensators (and reflectors?) because I feel the scaling potential is huge. Is this correct, with the added cost in EU (in the form of :Matter: ) can you still achieve a better reactor (net EU output/ :Uranium Cell: ) than a tradition passive cooled reactor that requires no input?

Thanks

Hi Folks

Happy to say I'm playing this new shiny version of IC2 with its super fancy (updated) Nuclear reactors. I've got a couple of questions (tried looking) I'd like to pose..

1) What does the UU-matter 'cost' mean exactly. Are there more consumables than just the redstone & lapis coolers? This is from the reactor design page & on the planner itself.
    2) I'm looking to build an automated reactor - To pull out components & spent cells, using UU-matter>Lapis/Redstone to recharge/restore components and UUM>redstone> uranium to refuel my machine. So whilst I'll use EE, the setup is (hopefully) solely powered by EU.
    3) Explosions and Me. Before I needed to build HUGE shells (2-3 thick) around the melt zone. How does it all work now, can you encase a reactor block-tight?

Apologies if this is all on the Wiki but I'd appreciate a bit of info going in.. :thumbup:

So I've tried a few different experiments and this is what I've found (just coming up to speed, old news for most of you). Also this whole idea is based around a SB&S reactor (Sit Back & Sleep) without any babysitting.

With a single array of 4 depleted cells & one :Uranium Cell: cell, I can cool it without the use of Ice but depending on how well, it becomes non-viable - it uses up :Uranium Cell: as quickly as it recharges them. Alternative is to design the reactor to last as close to only one full cycle as possible, which improves eff somewhat.

Alternative is to use Ice (lots) and massive arrays of :Uranium Cell: to improve the recharging speeds. The Ice can become quite expensive but in the scheme of recharging lots of :Uranium Cell: easily, is it worthwhile?

Howdie

I have a few questions about how Ice works in a reactor. If I put ice into a reactor, how quickly does it deplete? I ask the question because of the variable settings on the reactor planner (i.e. Ice per second or seconds per ice block) which has left me a little confused.

Ideally I would like to design a CASUC breeder which houses 2-10 stacks of ICE (no more, as I am lazy and the energy needs of more Ice would become tiresome) and can run for a full cycle, using up all (/most of) of the ice. I want to avoid the need for pumping additional Ice into the reactor.

Can you help me? Cheers!

Using scrap is not sustainable. Making 57 stacks of material (108 UU-matter's worth) is not easy nor is it quick. Sure you could make a bunch of energy with 108 uu matter but after that, what would you suggest?

I might be wrong but I think it would be quicker to mine raw uranimum than it would be to provide scrap for a mass fab. Vanillia IC2 ofc.

Why not make UU matter made without scrap-amplifers as refined UU or triple UUU matter, using a distinct recipie list (so valuble ores, resin, irridum etc to be only craftable when not using scrap).

The UU-matter recipe was removed just to prevent the abusing of the reactor system. After the reactor output was doubled, you could have easily made 12 UU-matter from a single uranium cell with an eff 1 reactor if the recipe wasn't removed. With some breeders and an 4+ efficiency CASUC the gain from that would have been outright rediculous.

Without breeding, making 1 uranium cell costs (between 1-9mil EU) 7Mil EU.

1 Uraniumum cell makes 2-10mil EU, depending on 1-5 eff. I presume a normal 2-3eff reactor will translate that into 4-6mil EU. Now with this your running an EU deficit. I also don't see eff 4+ reactors that can run anywhere near a full cycle. At maximum 5 eff from v.dangerous CASUC you could make 10mil EU = 10 UUM.

So with that, whilst a reactor can make lots of energy, using UUM to power a reactor is unsustainable without using breeders. So I stand by my original premise.

So I've been thinking about some end-game scaleable goals and the idea of a perpetual-everything machine intrigued me. Ofcourse I could build nx solar or wind farms, to produce enough energy to (renewably) to make anything I wanted.

Problem with this is that it would lag out my world & take too long/cost too much to bother starting.

TL-DL; Result is to (with an initial input of machines & starter uranium) produce enough power to make UU-matter uranium*. Then to turn this uranium into deleplated uranium cells (increasing the effective energy yield of each uu-matter expenditure) and recharge them via a breeder into full uranium cells. These refreshed cells then go to produce energy to make more UU-matter and, hopefully, a surplus.

Are there any flaws to my plan?

I have a problem with the MFE and a wrench. I can use either the standard or electric version and it only ever moves the output facing. I can shift-hit the MFE to put the output opposite to me but otherwise it simply rotates the output through all the facings.

I am only ever RMB clicking the device, as I have lost plenty of machines by accident breaking. I don't want to waste another 4 diamonds doing the same thing.

Any help?