Posts by LordFokas

This seems nice... I started a new world a couple days ago, and 2 out of 2 dungeons presented me with Steel that I currently don't have a use for.
    As about making it work the other way around, I advise at least making it configurable, because RC Steel is more expensive than IC2 Refined Iron... you need a blast furnace, a coke oven, coal coke...
    Otherwise you might end up unbalancing RC, and that is not ok.

Nice work though :)

I did it by extending EntityBoat and overriding onUpdate()
    then I copied EntityBoat's onUpdate code and changed it to prevent the boat from being destroyed upon collisions, and multiplied the X and Z distance traveled by the speed constant, which was a static var on the mod class.
    I'm sure that chunk bug was client side, and I also know it was something I forgot... some class or something... if it was server-sided I'd die in the void, and that didn't happen, even after I went past -2000 Y level...

I'll definitely check out that channel :)
    and yes, #minecraftforge people are too... elitist. I don't like it...

I have a good amount of programming experience (~6 years), but I'm not finding it easy to make my way into modding, which is terrible because I have lots of mod ideas, and I couldn't implement even the simplest of them...
    Though I was able to do it back in the day, when modloader was widely used... it was easy to understand... but LexManos' programming level is way beyond that, his stuff isn't as basic as plain old modloader...
    I guess someday I'll end up figuring forge out...

If you ever want to discuss any mod ideas, or even give it a try and implement something with me, I surely would enjoy it.
    Feel free to drop me a PM any time.

Have a nice day, and thanks a lot :)

This is great! I was about to make a similar mod, I was going to call it the Carbon Boat.
    The idea was a carbon textured boat that wouldn't break and was about 3 to 4 times faster than regular boats.
    The recipe even was the same as yours...

I even started it, but there's some things I can't figure out in the way classes are divided in MCP 7.x, so most likely there was a lot of stuff missing there...
    It had a lot of bugs, namely after a short bit using the boat, your chunk would disappear and you'd fall into the void... forever.

Since I never got to make it work, and either I don't go to the right IRC channels or people there aren't willing to help noobs out, so I just dropped it.
    I already downloaded this mod... I think it will suit greatly on the map I'm playing on now (a river goes through my base, and connects to a dozen other rivers and the ocean).

Traveling through the water is slow and boring, even with regular boats... I figured it would be fixed by a boat that moves faster and doesn't break...
    Your carbon boat is already resilient, would you accept my suggestion and make it faster? I've tested it, and 3x faster is fairly reasonable... 4x is quite some speed...

Thanks a lot for this mod! Here, have some diamonds! :Industrial Diamond: :Industrial Diamond: :Industrial Diamond: :Industrial Diamond: :Industrial Diamond: