Okay, quick status update. Minecraft updated to 1.2.4 the same day as my previous post, so I've been debating skipping 1.81 and jumping to 1.82 or whatever the 1.2.4-supporting version is. MCP isn't quite up-to-date for 1.2.4 just yet, but there's a prerelease available if you hunt for it, so they're getting close. I'm torn, though, because it's not done yet, and I'm not sure how long the new IC2 version will take once it is. If it's only going to be a few days, I'd rather not take the time to support a short-lived IC2 release. It it takes more than that, though, I'd rather have a version of SeedManager for 1.81 to bridge the gap. As is, I'll probably wait a couple days and see if there's an official 1.2.4 MCP, and if not, go ahead and update to 1.81. Which is going to suck, because I don't have a 1.2.3 setup and getting all the stuff I need is trickier now that we're on 1.2.4.
I hate having to deal with multiple release schedules that aren't even slightly coordinated. Especially since doing so creates another one for anyone who's using my stuff. What a mess.