Posts by Kahn_bloodbane

I were wondering ablanka if the machines could be a little "toned down" most machine boxes nowdays are in plastic with metal parts or in lighter alloys, I was wondering if to reduce the amount of iron a machine needs you would consider somekind of alloy maybe like the advanced alloy one, but.. lighter and with a better ratio (the more ingots you put in the more alloy you should get.. I mean.. a way to use only 1/3rd of the iron normally needed). So copper and tin gets more used even :D

Also, I looked at your new system to customize machines and... man.. you are a FREAKING GENIUS!! the machines are LOVELY like that... gives a sense of technology, customization, overall awesomeness!! I were having ideas (if you like them) for new mods.. like:

1) reinforcement mods. since in my previous idea the machines are more lightweight their blast resistance should also be decreased.. but what if a pesky evil creeper comes along and goes boom?... to prevend this, who places machines in the opens can use alot of iron, or advanced alloy to make a case-reinforcement mod to increase the blast resistance of the machine up to the strenght of reinforced stone!

2) storage mods! what about adding inventory to the machine? if I want it store in a compartment under it my processed materials? I add a compartment mod and ta daaah it gets some slots for finished products.. depending on how many compartment mods I put! up to a chest worth of stuff (or less so you don't have to re-design larger guis!)

also.. this comes another idea but different, what about adding mods to other items as well not just machines? like a mfsu with mods! I would love to be able to tweak my mfe, mfsu or batbox with mods, since the different "tiers" of technology the mod storaged would differ of course.. like a batbox would just have 2 mod storages, a mfe 3 and the mfsu 4 or something like that.

examples:
    1) capacity mod (small-medium-large) depending on what you use you can increase the capacity of the item by 10,000, 100,000 or 1 mil, of course they need comparable items for the capacity mod thus a 1mil capacity upgrade takes a lapo!

2) output power tweak upper-downer basically what if I want my mfsu send out low power?.. I put a transformer.. yep right but I want to integrate it in there too! :D I know people who would actually downgrade the mfsu power output, or, higher it up! you may feel that many of these mods are superfluous.. yep I admit it but still having a modded batbox that outputs EV is possible and I bet there's also people that would use it! it would give a sense of.. variety and customization that technology actually has something that you started with your MOST AWESOME modding of machines you started!

3) the reinforcement mod here too <.< I really would love a blast resistant mfsu.. darn creepers!!!

4) charging slots! a mod that adds an inventory to the thing that lets you put items to be charged and recharges them all at the same time! you stuff that, you get an inventory of maybe 4 items.. upgradeable too.. so you can stuff there like 10 lapotrons or something and charge them up... if you also upgrade the output of the machine (to EV for example) it charges them all at EV speed at the same time!

ok that's all from top of my head right now! sorry for the bother! I hope I have been useful to you in any way! by the way awesome crop system! I made a greenhouse for your crops come check it in industrial rage server when you feel like to (if you do of course!) I'm still tinkering with it! :D cya ablanka!