Posts by F22RaptorDude

I have no idea how I would build craft this but the idea speaks out a bit since I use ice a lot to keep my reactors happy and cold. But there should be a block that takes in water buckets and gives out ice for whatever your use is but uses energy.

Another idea was make food spoil after a while so you can't just store it in a chest or a long time, you could use the freezer block to keep food from spoiling, maybe make it 2 blocks high with a freezer block on top and refrigerator block on the bottom. they can work independently or be stacked so you can have a fridge alone, or a freezer alone, or combine them. Freezer will give it more time before it spoils but would more consuming to heat back up, and the fridge would have half the time to keep the food from spoiling in it.

I built a small base to go in the tundra biome, it is almost completely lit by the light panels. However after a while a section will go out even though the batteries are still full. Replacing a light doesn't do anything, instead I have to put something that consumes power on the main voltage line close to where the low voltage transformer or just replace the transformer to make the lights come back on, then they flicker like mad like they should but having to do this almost every 30 minutes is getting annoying. Any Idea's on what I can do?

That's when you just take the server down until they come to their senses or you can fulfill their demands, or start banning... I'd just tempban everyone that can't keep a cool head about it.

eh, few of em are my school mates, and I dont want them all pissy at me so I let em have their way, but I shut my server down completely and opened a 1.2 with a few basic mods, waiting for this mod, mo'food, and flans mod before we can really do anything

Hoping its out in the next week, people on my server got to mad about staying on 1.1 and one guy couldn't downgrade to 1.1 so his anger was worse, they blew up everything then said they quit until I could get the mods on 1.2 :(

Lagggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg
    Even a Core i7 would struggle getting 10+ FPS.
    You see each frame every goddamned block of air would have to be updated. For example heater adds 1 heat to surrounding air then the computer ahs to simulate the heat conducting to the blocks surrounding that block and then the blocks surrounding those blocks, etc, etc.
    The result is a lot of calculations. And don't even get me started on convection currents :D.

Didn't think about that, server can't even handle our main battery room
    powering a whole floating city, people stay away from there cause of the
    lag zone haha
    Was just thinking it could go with the mood mod pretty well

For some reason it allows me to buy some potions but not others even though whats in the chest is the same as whats displayed as being sold? Same with food, I sell steak for 6 coins, and chicken for 4 but chicken can't be bought when steak can??? Also my friends on my server reported that they can buy things on machines that work, however all they see on the being sold side is diamonds regardless to whats really for sale?
    There's also a bug where items in your inventory can duplicate once or twice then disappear when you try to use the duplicated item leaving the normal one behind, not sure if these are known bugs or not but i'm just a little confused

If there are already other mods, Then suggest it as an addon, In the addon section. Addons can easily support multiple mod requirements, like the buildcraft+industrialcraft crossoever, or w.e.

Well mainly the mood mod was what I was looking for on flans mod, but since they don't operate on the same level I don't think it would make a difference if you just put it down and turned it on

Thought for this a bit for something just to be crazy, but what you can do is have the ability for the player to be to hot or to cold (i'm aware there other mods for this). But I was thinking, to heck with standing near furnaces of going for swims to cool of or heat up, what about a block that could regulate temperature in a given space? The bigger the space the more power it demands? And for a kick you could have blue or red particles coming off to show what its on, now sure how the lay out of building one would look like its just an idea, Don't want to think over it to much because i'm pretty sure this is a pretty stupid idea, but worth a try