Posts by Pantheis

I found out the problem was actually some weird incompatibility with Magic Launcher, Forge, and this mod. Using Magic Launcher and Forge 105 with this mod worked fine. But Magic Launcher and Forge 120 or 121 requires that this mod be installed as an External Mod. It seems to work fine with or without the changing the capitalization of T. I'll make it a lower case t just in case though.

Well, I'm not using Magic Launcher, specifically because of the massive number of posts I keep seeing about people having problems that end up being directly caused by it. I was still having issues on the server side with it and it was due to a bug in forge. Changing the file name to the lowercase T fixed it.

I've been looking through the code and there's a LOT of work to be done to get this SMP capable. That said, I plan on porting this to full SMP but I'm holding off until 1.3 due to the upcoming client/server changes. A lot of what's needed for a mod to work in both SSP and SMP will completely change in 1.3 and I don't feel like trying to get this SSP only mod setup correctly for SMP 1.2.5 only to have to probably have to redo a ton for 1.3.

Another error, also with Forge 3.2.3.120. I should point out that this is the server side, running under a Linux server. I run a test server under Windows where I test updates before deploying them to the live environment and the test server, under Windows 7 64bit java 7, works fine. When I take those EXACT files and put them on the linux server, I also get the error the post before me is showing.

The server log is too long to post here, so here's a pastebin with it.
    http://pastebin.com/DsJUfHgt

--edit--

I thought I'd take a stab at figuring out what could be causing it. All I've discovered so far is it looks like the error is happening in the try/catch block inside "private static void fixIronEngineFuel()". This seems to be something related to Buildcraft specifically. All I can think of is that something with Forge 3.2.3.120 under Linux/MacOS behaves in a way that the reflection isn't working right with Buildcraft. Beyond that, I have no clue.

No.

Stop using Technic pack and use a newer version of IC2 and you'll be able to do a 6 chamber setup.

I'm currently building a 6 chamber design that does 2070 EU/T, ice cooled (7 ice a second). The ice is manufactured using a two snowman, 12 block breaker per snowman snow collection setup. It produces an absolutely insane amount of snowballs. I have those feeding into a large collection of singularity compressors to make ice. Total energy usage, with overclockers, is under 500 EU/T. The system makes close to 64 ice a second.

I posted about this exact same error on the minecraftforums.net thread for this addon. I get the same problem, as does my friend and everybody else on my server, but only when this addon is installed.

It may not be a bug in this specific addon, but something this addon is doing is causing the problem with BC specifically.

buildcraft.core.ClassMapping.updateFromData(ClassMapping.java:416)
    ClassMapping.java, line 416, called inside function updateFromData.

The offending area is:

Code
    for (Field f : enumFields) {
        f.set(obj,
            ((Class) f.getGenericType()).getEnumConstants()[byteBuffer.readUnsignedByte()]);
        r.bytes += 1;
        r.dataInt += 1;
    }

The specific line 416 that's where it's failing (edited to be a single line)

Code
    f.set(obj,((Class) f.getGenericType()).getEnumConstants()[byteBuffer.readUnsignedByte()]);

I'm not completely sure what is calling something from your code that would end up running through these functions, but something in your code is handing off data that is causing a null pointer here. If I had access to the entire source needed to compile the crossover mod, I might be able to track it down.

maybe you are right but the error appears if you put this mod. BUT I still use the old map 1.1. Can you tell me where to dig to find the cause of the error of spam?

I seem to be getting server crashes when somebody attempts to use additive macerating. I am at work at the moment and so unable to pull the logs, but I'll edit this and post them up when I get home. I just wanted to get this up in case anyone else had experienced it.

Never mind, I updated from Forge 1.4.1.59 to 1.4.1.64 and it seems to have resolved the crashing issue.