Posts by StrayFire

Well, if you say so. I translated the most common items to be able to play with my gf. But if you guys are going to convert the old language files, then I will stop with my translation right here.

Well, could you link me to an up2date tutorial on how to do this? Never created a resource pack before.

And please tell me how to edit the language files without changing the permission attributes from "-rw-r--r--" to "".

Edit: I really dont know why, but suddenly my edited en_US.properties is working. I will translate the file and then post it to the translation section of this forum.

I opened the jar with 7zip, edited the en_US.properties with notepad and saved it. I did not make a copy of the file or change the formatting. Is notepad destroying something? Should I install notepad++?

As I said, I tried to edit the language files myself. But this isn't working with IC2. Instead of using the changes I made in the en_US file, it just names the items by their name in the ore directory or wherever these weird names are coming from.

And it is not like just a couple of things aren't translated when I use the German language file. NOTHING is translated. So the game is not even trying to use the German language file.

Hello,

I installed IC2 and a couple of other tech mods like RC and IE. While RC, Forestry, HarvestCraft and everything else is translated into German, IC2 (and IE) won't be translated.

I was able to fix the translation of IE using a MineTweaker script or replacing the en_EN.lang file in the jar file of IE.

But this does not work with IC2. If I replace the en_GB.properties file, all my ingame texts are looking like itemIngotCopper but do not translate. Scripting with MineTweaker does not work, too.

But there is a German language file in your mod, so how do I get the game to actually use it without me tinkering around in your files?

I am using:

Twitch app

Minecraft 1.10.2

forge-12.18.3.2297

industrialcraft-2-2.6.210-ex110

Reddit Cross post

https://www.reddit.com/r/feedt…f_ic2_and_ie_not_working/

EDIT: Some other reddit user has the same issue.