Posts by Knave

I don't know, randomly I'll say: "Iridium Reflectors" A modified Iridium plate that only reacts with Depleted Isotope Cells that are being enriched. (And ONLY if they are being enriched) It adds an extra enrichment pulse, but also causes them to generate more heat. It has zero effect on the EU produced, except that it attempts to bake your reactor even faster.

Or "Primitive Steam Turbine" It produces 0.5 EU/t per 1000 heat of the reactor hull. Unfortunately, as the name suggests it requires water. After X EU are produced it needs to be replenished, by putting it on a crafting table with a water cell (or multiple). Say after 1000 EU, you refil it...or it does nothing and takes up precious space.

Maybe "Reaction Catalyst Cell" which slowly depletes itself, heating the reactor up if the heat is less than 200 * Catalyst Cells present. It's primary use is in breeders, trying to raise the heat to the desired reaction level. As ever, calculate at your own peril!

Then there is "Integrated Transformer System" It takes up space but it stores energy and throttles the reactor output to packets of the desired size, 32, 128 or 512. This helps make sure you never burn out your wires if you have a power spike. There is a downside though...if you store too much energy in the reactor, that will start generating heat.

"Energy Storage Node" It works with the Transformer, increasing the 'safe' amount of energy you can store in a reactor. This could be very useful in a burst run class V reactor. Each Node increases energy storage capacity by X. Sadly, excess energy will still cause heat...just not as fast. If you don't pay attention, you may find yourself ducking under your work bench and covering your head. Yea... Duck and Cover...always keeps you safe.

people could use this for cheep long distant power applications by installing multiple batteries on the same line and they'll never blow the line cause none of the packets are over 5eu

Which is part of the reason it's relitively expensive. It's probably far cheaper to crank it up, run it across insulated HV lines and crank it down or "stash" elsewhere.

Also I'm not sure of the mechanics but it may only Output to one face at a time, in a packet of 5 EU. So sure, in theory you could make some massive trail of tin wires.

And the moment one 32 EU copper wire lands next to it, a nice big chunk of your system goes out in a blaze of glory. Or if someone was being evil, they could wipe out your whole system, with a batbox a RE battery and 1 copper cable. Burnout, move, burnout move, burnout move. Or maybe they'd just drop a transformer in at the start and run 128 down the entire line? Either way I expect the cost, space and lack of insulation to make it most practical for small uses and in single player mode.

Hello all, I've been playing for about 1-2 weeks and decided to finally stop lurking. I hadn't seen this idea yet and thought it might be worth while.

Low Voltage Battery (Working Title) :D

The block has 1 input side, which faces the user when placed and 5 output sides.

Max EU in = 32.

Max EU out = 5 (Or 4 if they really prefer!)

Max storage = 4,000 EU. (Fills in 125 packets, discharges in 800)

Primary function is to power Luminators and low use, low energy machines. By sending low voltage packets it is able to make use of Tin wires, but is useless for high end equipment. It is not suitable for high end, high voltage machines and simply can't move EU fast enough for those functions. As it functions like a specialized Batbox rather than a transformer, they can't pump packets through it like mad. (IE downstep x4, downstep x4, downstep x4 then deliver 64 low end packets at once :( )

The recomended configuration of the device is as follows:

:Rubber Log: :Glass Fibre: :Rubber Log:

:Tin Ingot: :Electronic Circuit: :Tin Ingot:

:Rubber Log: :RE Battery: :Rubber Log:

With :Rubber Log: as boards, :Glass Fibre: as tin cable and :RE Battery: as a standard RE Battery.

You'll notice that I intentionally made this design expensive. It has a circut and a RE Battery and still only holds 4,000 EU at full(compared to 13,333 EU per battery in a Batbox). I recomend having a slot to boost it with a battery, but not one to recharge a battery...as it is so weak.

When compared to a Batbox this is a far more expensive solution, price and energy storage. However, as I said this is for low end devices (Luminators included). This should give players more flexibility in options without forcing them to burn more EU's then they use, in certian situations. Also it makes tin cables a lot more useful as for now they seem only viable to bring renewables to a batbox.

If this makes sense to anyone else, please let me know. This is the first time I spoke up here. :D