Posts by Draxis

Hello all,

I saw the change log for 1.81 (update woohoo!) and saw that it says we can now use water cells in watermills. However, the wiki says water towers don't work anymore and I'm not sure if that's true. However, I was wondering, how viable do you think it would be to use watermills with cells in conjunction with a pump to serve as a power plant of sorts? Also, can we stack multiple water cells in a watermill?

Sadly, I won't be able to test this for a few days, but please if you try this, let me know. Since solar power got nerfed, I've been using mainly wind, and not too much water due to the number of them you need, but this seems like it makes water generation far more doable on a small scale.

Cheers,
    Draxis

On a serious note, the IC2 wiki says that water towers no longer work. I'm a tad out of the loop, so is this actually being removed from the next version of IC2 or is that just for something else. Oh btw, long time lurker, first time poster here, so I just wanted to get some input. I generally tend to mod minecraft to hell and back, so I wanted to see about getting a real play through with one major mod and not messing it up for myself by cheating or anything and so readily available power generation would be nice without wasting resources on solar (now that they need circuits...).