Posts by Delerium76

Each Uranium cell gets two pulses pushing out 4 heat to all three sides. 16 heat

That doesn't make sense to me. Each uranium cell is surrounded by 3 cooling elements. By looking at the tutorial, as I understand, that means that the U-cell will pump out 2 heat to each element for a total of 6 heat PER PULSE. So since they are pulsing twice, shouldn't that be 12 heat per U-cell per tick? That would be 48 heat, plus the 5 heat you are producing with the depleted cell. Is my math wrong on that?

I think I see my problem. I have my MFSU output split into an MFE and mass fabricator. I can't be sure, but it appears that the output to machines is taking priority over charging the quantum suit in the charging box. Now that I know the cause, it's not a huge deal to disconnect the mass fab in order to charge my quantum suit. I'm just used to the charging box taking priority over output, like it does with crystals and batteries.

I realize that this might require a change inside minecraft forge to pull off so I'm expecting this to get shot down, but I figured I might try at least so here goes:

IC2 uses quite a few destructable items, or tools. There's a flaw in vanilla minecraft with this item type that makes click-swapping two of the same item types impossible. In IC2 the following items all exhibit this behavior: batteries, energy crystals, integrated heat dispersers, uranium cells, coolant cells, reactor plates, drills, chainsaws, basically anything that has a damage bar. This becomes painful to swap same type items in and out of machines. An example: Pick up an empty energy crystal from your inventory, place it in a MFE to charge. When that is fully charged, pick up another energy crystal, and try and swap it with the fully charged energy crystal in the MFE. It won't swap the two. Likewise, swapping partially damaged reactor components with fresh counterparts requires alot of clicking as well.

At least from a partial damage state, I have not found any energy block that will charge quantum armor. I've tried a batbox, MFE, and MFSU and none will charge it. I have not drained the armor down to nothing yet to see if that is required, but it seems a bit silly not to be able to charge a partially full piece of armor. Tried in v0.9 as well as v1.00 and neither work.

Eloraam (the creator of RedPower) has a pretty elaborate selection method in the newest version of RedPower. I gave her the idea for how to select block placement and she pretty much implemented it exactly how I suggested it. I can tell you that in order to do that, she wrote her own custom renderer and rewrote the selection raytracer, which was no easy task at all. I wouldn't expect many mods to go as far as she did with customizing block placement.

Background:
    So many new things in IC2 use the item durability bar, either as a charge meter for batteries, or a heat meter for nuclear reactor parts. In vanilla minecraft when an item is first crafted the bar doesn't show up so you know when it has full durability. Likewise, when the durability runs out the item is destroyed.

The problem:
    This behavior is changed in IC2 where even newly crafted items (full durability) show the durability bar and when they are empty the item sticks around, again with the bar showing. This bar is so small that it doesn't come close to having the detail necessary to show the difference between a full and nearly full item or between an empty and nearly empty item. This becomes an issue when you have to use one of these items in a crafting recipe, or as a component in a miner, as if it's not 100% full it doesn't count.

Proposed solution:
    I'm proposing adding a behavior change to the durability bar. When it is fully charged have the entire bar colored solid blue. First time it's used switch to the normal green to red color changing bar. Then when completely empty change the entire bar to red. Those color changes can help make a player more aware of the charge levels of their items. As an added bonus to you hopefully it will reduce bug reports down the line from people thinking recipes are broken because they are trying to use components with a slightly less than perfect durability.