Posts by christopherkev

christopherkev if Greg is correct about you playing GT5, perhaps I (and/or others) can help you further in the GT5u thread. Providing screenshots may make it easier for you to explain the setup you're attempting. In the meantime, since you mention a "tank", I wonder if you're using a tank from another mod, such as BuildCraft. GT5 pump covers won't interact with BuildCraft tanks/pipes. The only "tank" blocks in GT5u are the quantum tanks, and I'd be very surprised if you were able to build one of those before figuring out the ore washer.

Thank you Mauve, thank you GregoriusT, I was able to get water in to the Ore Washing Plant. The solution was a railcraft Water Tank and wood fluid pipes.
    There was another post, I can't find, who made the suggestion of the wooden fluid pipes. Thank you too.

I'll be going to the GT5 thread as you suggested for future questions with anything else GT5 :)

You don't need Covers for that at all. Fluid Barrels/Drums can automatically emit their Liquid Content to the Pipe Block below them when you wrench them, if said Pipe is connected ofcourse.

Also there NEVER has been a direct manual Entry for Buckets EVER in GregTech Ore Washers. And in GT6 you can place a Funnel to fill Machines using Buckets etc, but the Machines themselves never accepted it directly.

And the fact that you call it an Ore Washer and not a Sluice tells me that you actually play GT5, especially since it is pretty darn almost impossible to get to LV Covers before you get a Sluice.

It didn't work.
    Funnels don't exist.
    I tried an output hatch, I made a hopper and tried putting water in it.
    Sluice doesn't exist.
    Nothing will put water in to this machine.

I think I found this issue however:
    A decompiled and modified version of GT 5.07.07 approved by GregoriusT.

This is a special modpack set which I think I need to jump through some other hoop prior.
    Unless anyone can think of other ways to get water moving somehow

You don't need Covers for that at all. Fluid Barrels/Drums can automatically emit their Liquid Content to the Pipe Block below them when you wrench them, if said Pipe is connected ofcourse.

Also there NEVER has been a direct manual Entry for Buckets EVER in GregTech Ore Washers. And in GT6 you can place a Funnel to fill Machines using Buckets etc, but the Machines themselves never accepted it directly.

And the fact that you call it an Ore Washer and not a Sluice tells me that you actually play GT5, especially since it is pretty darn almost impossible to get to LV Covers before you get a Sluice.

Thank you friend I will check out both the GT version and try your solutions.

I thought I would post this as I figured out how to fix this issue when I was ready to quit my world and make a new one.

What you might see when you open your Better Quests book is an empty book. Restarting, the game, the machine; reinstalling, don't work. In your world your book is blank or is in some odd sort of programming mode.

This occurs when the local client engine exits while the QuestDatabase.json file has not be written to yet and closed correctly.

Upon examination of this directory .technic\modpacks\mcnewhorizons\saves\[save name] you will find that your QuestDatabase.json file is gone and is replaced by the file malformed_QuestDatabase.json0.json.

To fix this you need to create a new save, and from that save copy over a new copy of QuestDatabase.json in to your world's save directory.

In my case I created a game called, "new world" so I copied:

.technic\modpacks\mcnewhorizons\saves\New World\QuestDatabase.json

To:

.technic\modpacks\mcnewhorizons\saves\chris\QuestDatabase.json

and deleted malformed_QuestDatabase.json0.json

And we're good to go.

Don't delete this file by accident, FYI, this is your quest progress: QuestProgress.json

Good luck friends