Posts by Quintus

Well I run four Large Electric Engines which adds up to 160EU/t. 40EU/t is also used for lighting, add on 10% to both for losses due to cable length, 220EU/t used for quarry and lighting. Plus 128EU/t to the mass fab to use up scrap at the rate it's being generated by the 4 LEEs. So let's say 350EU/t.

I recently reconfigured my storage MFSUs to thre parallel stacks of 6 each for a total of 180MEU storage. A little simply math gives a total of 514000 ticks before power runs out - more than enough for twelve hours of operation or so? Combined with 8 reactors (no CASUC) at 120EU/t each that recharge the batteries at roughly 3x the output rate, lets me more or less continuously run quarry operations.

And you're right, massive storage has been required for the mineral output, as well as 'compression' efforts to turn bars into blocks every eight hours or so. Everything has been automated except the brick-block conversion and the reactors getting filled.

----

On the plus side, between making the initial post and this one, I have completed Phase 3 of my tower and mining operations and have enlarged the excavation to a pure 240x240, meaning Phase 4, endless perfectly arranged 60x60 quarries, can soon commence for, well, ever. Or until I get bored. In any case, I'm posting screen shots in the correct spot to do so, please check it out!

So I am involved in a giant, longg-term project: mine the world, and turn the resulting resources into a single tower emblematic of my greatness. I'm doing it the hard way, just basic BC, IC2, IC2/BC electric engines mod - no TMI or anything like that. Let's just say lots of quarry gantries, driven by electric motors. My original concept was lots of 9x9 quarries but the micromanagement was too much.

The downside of 60x60 quarries is they have to run for a long time. Like go-to-work-with-minecraft-running long time. End result - I need a lot of power storage. Thus the array of MFSUs (view from the side):

GMMMMMG
    GMMMMMG
    GMMMMMG
    HMMMMMH

H=EV-HV transformer
    G=glass cable
    M=MFSU

What I've found with that setup is a biased storage for both input and output, where it's hard to figure out the total EU storage the array is currently at. The second row from the top of MFSUs seems to have the highest total storage at any one time.

I generate ~1 kEU/s. Provided we are feeding in from an EV source, and I am using 20 MFSUs, and we are feeding in and out at the same rate (1k/s) what is an array that provides for an equal amount being channeled down to and out from each chain of MFSUs?

BTW thanks to all of you who have read this far!