Posts by Hulkie

So you don't see a problem from stealing from a store then either? Cause that's sorta what they were doing when they didn't have permission.

Huge strawman there
    1) It's distributed for free so it's not stealing. If you got something for free and then give it away, the person you give it to did not steal it from the original owner.
    2) Theres a difference between goods and data. Data can be duplicated easily. To use your 'store' analogy: I buy a tomate from the store, I plant it and get 10 new tomatoes. I sell them to my neighbor. Did my neighbor just steal 10 tomatoes from the store?

It's the mod makers' intellectual property, they have full control of what can happen with it. The tekkit guys were stealing, period.

It's not property, it's information. They don't have full control. Pesky freedom eh?

They claim they asked for permission from SirSengir for Forestry. They lied as they never did. SirSengir asked for it to be removed, they didn't. They only removed it when he forced them to by adding code to be technic/tekkit hostile. So yeah.. there's your problems with them. They're a bunch of liars and thieves and they see no problems with this.

No disrepect (I donated to him), but if you make mods, give them away and then throw a tantrum when others use it and distribute it you're a hypocrite and a whiner.

Folks on my server are using this plugin to generate infinite energy.

(if I got the numbers right) Generate oil from 1 UU matter (cost 166k EU + scrap) and then use oil materializer, refine and burn in petrochemical generator for 625k EU.

I think the best solution would be to increase the ratio UU:oil so that it takes multiple UU to generate 1 oil. Would be nice if this could be implemented

Hate to say it hulk, (actually, i dont), but as I said in the post YOU DELETED, this server will end in FAIL. Trying to host a server in your house is bad enough(thats where the lag is comming from), but you also seem to have no idea how to run a comunity! :pinch:

I think the server performance at this point is great. I would say I am doing my best at managing resources and I have a level of control over my setup I would not have when hiring a server.

I have considered a colocation at a local datacenter but this would put me back €100 per month (just rack and power, so not including hardware).

I am monitoring the situation closely. Peak bandwith usage with 10 players (excluding myself and my gf who are connecting locally) is about 4 Mbit. Since the connection is 6 Mbit with a possible upgrade to 10 Mbit, we still have a little room to grow. Also bukkit has some options which reduce bandwith usage which I am not using at this moment.

For the rest, there is nothing inherently better about an internet connection at home or one at a datacenter.

The IP-adres of the server changed

If you can't connect yet, try 77.251.45.20

And this thing about server overloaded and the "bad" community is just more strawman sniping from you, whining because you got banned. I encourage anyone to come on our server and check it out. Our community is friendly and it shows in the low amount of moderation effort that is required so far.

1. Yes I removed posts from Vany and you on the website. I remove spam and mudslinging. If we had something like a forum (which we will get) then this would be a good place for that, but on the front page it just looks bad.

2. I stand behind Vany's actions.

3. The entire "oil materializer exploit" thing is a strawman of yours. I mostly rely on the mod makers for balance, but just so you know I did slightly nerf oil materializers so that they now require 2 UU instead of 1.

Thanks for your suggestions, it's alway nice to see what people want.

a few mod ideas:

computer craft

We will get the new RedPower computers, so this mod seems redundant. But even without actual computers you can make some pretty impressive finite-state machines with RedPower logic.

I'm not all that fond of the "wireless stuff". Ofcourse data is a lot more realistic than teleport pipes (which will be disabled on the server may 7th btw). I will consider this if it becomes available for bukkit 1.2.5.

Looks very cool, will definately look into that. It will open up more possibilities when used together with frames. I'm seriously considering adding this.

Advanced machines(3.8b for this version of ic)

I don't see the point of this mod. If you want to process more materials, just build more machines in parallel. Added bonus is that your factory will look more impressive with more machines.

The entire point of solar energy is that it is NOT compact. It should take a lot of space to generate a meaningful amount of energy. The normal solars are already very compact. I Definately reject everything about this mod.

and modular force fields.

This isn't ported to bukkit yet.

I am having a problem with at least the large electric engine not showing the interface of it when I right click it. It seems to work normally but I cant check how much water it has in it. In single player it seems to work just fine though so I do not know what I have done wrong. I checked the config of the server and the client and they are identical.

I have not tried another engine to see if they do the same though.

I had this problem too when I used the Gult's Gorge modpack. I made a new minecraft.jar (only difference was forge version I think, went from 59 to 57) and then it worked again.

[name]

Red Alloy Dust

[description]

A recipe for dust which you can smelt into Red Alloy Ingot from the RedPower2 mod.

The purpose of the dust would be to make it possible to create Red Alloy Ingots using IC's furnaces and IC's power, rather than having to build Alloy furnaces which require a different power source.

The purpose would not be to make Red Alloy cheaper to make. In the end it should require the same amount of raw ore.

Would love to hear your thoughts.

[recipe]

4 redstone + 2 iron dust -----> 1 red alloy dust

4 redstone + 2 copper dust -----> 1 red alloy dust

1 red alloy dust ----> 1 red alloy ingot

someone gotta promote this server... barely anyone on but i setup a home and all but it isnt fun when theres no one on to chat/live with

When are you gonna be online? I'll see if i can come on too then.

I've listed the site on a few forums and "list" websites, but I'm unsure what to do for extra promotion. I'm not so much of a PR person.

Also about 90% of the people who try to join are on a newer version of MC, so they get kicked for "outdated server" :S