Posts by DragDen

Thanks for answering my questions, Greg!

I have a few more:

1) Is there a way to optimally combine Tiny Purified and Centrifuged Ores into normal ones apart from having hundreds of item barrels for each task?

2) Is there some way to automate crop harvesting and wood chopping just with GregTech?

3) I finally started to slowly crawl towards Electric age (I've been playing for like a year), and, well... What is the difference between different tiers of circuit plates?

4) Maybe a bug - if I jam a regular metal plate on the steam turbine's bottom output, then put a barrel right under that turbine, the barrel will still get filled with distilled water.

A couple of random questions.

1) Is there a way to separate the output of two different liquids without using the aluminum? For example, the distillation of biomass outputs both distilled water and ethanol, both to the same output. The only thing I can think of is to connect output pipe to the big storage that already contains one of those liquids, but maybe there's a better way?

2) What are the loses when washing crushed ores in the cauldron compared to sluice? The first one does not show up in NEI...

3) Is Shredder intended to be a rather late machine compared to crusher and sluice? It needs either sifting tons of diamond ore (to get high tier gems) or electrolyzer (since a T2+ buzzsaw requires aluminum).

I have also found a few holes in the bedrock, the probable cause may be the nearby cave with lots of dirty water in it. Not sure if Gregtech has anything to do with it though... Unfortunately, I couldn't test it with as little mods as possible, since for some reason MC keeps crashing after generating the world.

Seed: 1748557562

World Type: BiomesOPlenty

XYZ: Near -575; 2; 209

https://www.dropbox.com/s/9c8d…11-14%2019-51-30.png?dl=0

And it turns out that hunger damages armor 0_o.

Happy to help ;) Maybe they don't like hematite because they don't put a hopper on a crucible, or don't construct autoshutoff.

Well, as much as I loved Hematite in Dwarf Fortress, in Gregtech I tried to avoid it simply because it doesn't group too good. With 12 limonite and 3 dark ashes (which is almost full crucible) I can produce 3 iron, while with hematite I had to put like 9 units in a crucible and get just 2 Iron. And, since it requires three ingredients instead of two, it's harder to automate... well, I still didn't make a reliable automation for any type of an alloy...

Actually, right now the main source of Iron for me is Pyrite in Roaster (which I placed in Nether just so I don't contaminate the atmosphere of the normal world... :D )

Is there a good way in GregTech to get rid of loads of excess Water (from Sugar + Sulfuric Acid) and Distilled Water (from Dryer)? I always have to be careful when using Sluice because of how it clogs my system... Maybe there is a way to dump that water back into river?

I know about garbage pipe (or something like that), but it seems to be more like an admin tool, not meant for normal gameplay.

By the way, I love how GregTech made vanilla maps so much more useful :D

https://dl.dropbox.com/s/nlu3z194j79gyhr/Gregtech-Map.png?dl=0

When it comes to the fluid pipes there's not any routing going on, fluids just move through the pipe to wherever there is space for them. That also means they don't strictly flow from producer to consumer - they can "slosh" back and forth throughout your pipes, so the amount of steam your turbines / engines are getting can fluctuate from tick to tick.

Wow, your whole explanation was very useful, thank you!

By the way, does engine productivity scale proportionally to the flow of steam?

As in (I don't remember exact values), let's say that we have a turbine that outputs 8-24 RU/t and accepts 24-72 Steam/t. If at one point it receives 60 Steam, will it output

(24 / 72 * 60) = 20 RU?

And also, will the connected machine increase its speed if I give it a bit more energy (same tier, not maximum, just a bit more than is needed for a recipe)?

Hm, I've just discovered that if you have a bath full of creosote, and you put a wooden fluid pipe with a cover attached in it, then mix it up... You'll get a treated pipe, with no cover.

I also am a bit confused with steam behavior. Is it viable to connect several machines and several boilers with one pipe, or this will lead to imbalanced usage of the steam?

For example, I have a steel engine (64 Steam/t) and bronze turbine (48 Steam/t). Can I supply them both with one strong invar boiler (128 Steam/t)? Or both steam consumers will get 64 Steam/t?

Hm, I have a question about Sluice. In a tooltip it says "Items OUT: Bottom, Right; Liquids OUT: Bottom, Right". However, I could not set the right side to output liquids, and bottom side to output items. Maybe there is a way to rotate a machine 90 degrees clockwise? :D

Also I've found that Oak planks seem to be doing quite less than others - I can't even craft a crafting table with them, while, for example, spruce planks work just fine.

My GregTech version: 6.07.10

Good day everyone.

First of all, Greg, your mod is beyond awesome, thank you!

I have a few questions:

1) Can the standard burning box be shielded from burning flammable blocks around it?

2) Should recipes "paper from sugar canes" and "bread from cooking flour in the furnace" be available in current version of Gregtech, or it's the work of one of the other mods I have installed?

3) Do flowers indicate an ore deposit directly below them, or is that just a rough estimate? Because I found three batches of purple flowers (copper deposits), but only one of them had copper under them, while I only found Hematite under others.

4) Does the coke oven have an active creosote output, or do I need a pump to extract creosote from it?