Posts by Telknor

    Just an update Buildcraft for MCv1.2.5 has been officially released. Powercraft for MCv1.2.5 has been released as well. Since I updated to the Forge Railcraft has stopped working in MCv1.2.5 likewise so has IC2.

    ok yes downgrading of forge in my client will fix the issue but raises
    another. When I started working with MCP61 and later MCP62 nether of
    them would run with minecraftforge-client- hence the whole
    reason the IRC channel had me upgrade to minecraftforge-client-
    in the first place. Which then leads to the new issue of the mod I am
    currently working on in MCP62 would be built to work with the 72 forge
    so in order to play it I would need 72 forge installed. If I I
    downgrade to the 68 forge to play mod then I can't test my own except in
    the MCP62 run client.bat thing but that only loads the game with with
    forge 72, current ML, and no other mods. Can't test compatibility of my
    mod with other mods I have installed that way.

    So with that said
    I ask this. Is there a way to open other mods in MCP62 to test
    compatibility in it? Or on another path of thinking is there a way to
    use MCP62 or another program to open Mod class files back into
    unobfuscated java files to try and fix them then reobfuscate them back
    into class files the game can read? There are quite a number of older
    mods from back in the day of pre MC v1.0 ranging up to the MC v1.2.3
    that I would love to dig around in and try get working again with
    MCv1.2.5 . A few or them showed some life when they were kinda updated
    to MC v1.2.4 but then the owners ether didn't want to work anymore on
    them or are too overworked with too little time on their hands to be
    bothered with finishing the MC v1.2.5 versions. But on that same line
    of thinking I have the feeling that aside from obviously needing the mod
    owner's permission to work on their mods files that I would probably
    need the mods src files with the original Java files or an API made for
    the mod to do anything. The whole obfuscate bit throws me for a loop.
    I'm use to just working with raw code in C, C++, python, java, XML, and
    few other script types for game engines. This is the first time I have
    had to deal with obfuscated files of any kind.

    I just posted that the IC2 v1.90 will work in MC v1.2.5 but only if your using the version of forge. Also included in that post is a whole slew of other mods that are running in MC v1.2.5 that up untill about 3 or 4 days ago were only out for MC v1.2.3 and a few had recently been updated to run in MC v1.2.4.

    I am happy to report that industrialcraft-2-client_v1.90 appears to work in Minecraft v 1.2.5 with modloader, modloaderMP, minecraftforge-client- with the following mods installed along side it. buildcraft-client-A-core-2.2.15pre , buildcraft-client-B-builders-2.2.15pre , buildcraft-client-B-energy-2.2.15pre , buildcraft-client-B-factory-2.2.15pre , buildcraft-client-B-transport-2.2.15pre , buildcraft-client-C-silicon-2.2.15pre , Railcraft_Client_4.3.0 , WirelessRedstone v1.5 , TooManyItems2012_03_30_1.2.5pre, and Recipe Book.

    However I am unhappy to report that when I updated my forge to minecraftforge-client- as instructed to do so while setting up MCP62 in the IRC channel for that it kill the industrialcraft-2-client_v1.90 ability to load properly. It comes back in modloader log with the following error at the end of the log file.

    Apr 9, 2012 6:31:33 AM ModLoader init
    java.lang.RuntimeException: IndustrialCraft 2: MinecraftForge Major Version Mismatch, expecting 2.x.x
    at forge.MinecraftForge.killMinecraft(
    at forge.MinecraftForge.versionDetect(
    at mod_IC2.load(
    at ModLoader.init(
    at ModLoader.addAllRenderers(
    at ahu.<init>(
    at ahu.<clinit>(
    at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.a(
    at Source)

    I can not think of any means to fix this except to downgrade my version of forge or wait for an update to IC2 to include the 72 forge.

    Figured this info might be useful.