Posts by Sksuser

skuser you did read that alblaka is already going to make a hazard suit right?

Yes, but that hazard suit won't be made of stretchy pink spandex to make steve's bootay pop. We're talking about something different. We're talking about something a whole lot hotter. We're talking about something trendier. Something more slimming in the right places, and curvier in the other places. We're talking about single use hotpants. Bring the 80s back baby!!

Also, I expect the hazard suit will do a lot of things this doesn't, will be a full suit, last longer, and cost a lot more. If you check out the OPs intent, he doesn't want to protect from cave spider venom, or have any overheated reactor protection.. Two qualities which no self respecting hazard suit should be without.

What about if it protects you without penalty when you are no more than waist deep, but as a trade off you can't sprint. What if you wear it too long after you get out of the lava, steve's bottom half turns to an obsidian block. :-p Just throwing things or there now..

In my first post, I was talking about making the breakage timer run whether you stay in the lava or not. The moment you touch lava or fire with it on, the item begins entrophy. This represents stress on items as they cool, or age poorly. Was this why you wanted? Sounded like you wanted the timer to run only while you're in the lava but the timer lasts about the time it takes the average Steve to get out of the average pit of lava? Same end result for both ideas, single use. :)

I always feel a little silly throwing perfectly good stuff in the recycler. Could items such as emptied lava cells and dead single use batteries be given a separate damage value, changing their graphic and rendering them useless for their original purpose? Then for us tree hugger folks there would be something sensible to recycle.

Edit// dang autocorrect.. Meant hugger not higher.

I really like this idea. The rubber scares me though. My first thought was of the pictures in my friend's fire science textbook. Rubber and synthetics near skin don't do well with heat. Leather is better protection against fire and heat, because it's not a sticky hot mess.

I also like the limited uses. I kinda like the limit being one use though. You touh fire or lava or whatever and then the item breaks after x number of seconds. Preferably with the tool breaking sound so you know its happened. Of course anything is programmable, but since I don't program I don't know how feasible it is to add a triggered time delayed item decay like that. Would be very cool though.

Close. I want to at least be able to use sebra's rs-torch-o-lantern idea to build that circuit though. ;) again, I want something that doesn't float away.

Problems though.. For example, any circuit which requires hanging a torch on the side of a block (lol, ok thats most of them) built with rs in a glass could become a more complicated programming hazard as it would cause redstone state conflicts, because there is not a good way to represent hanging the "rs in a glass" block off the other side of the block like you can a torch. Directionality of which way the torch was hanging would have to be controlled similarly to the voltage transformer's three dot system. Maybe a 2d representation of a torch on the side where it would be? But sometimes I hang more than one torch on the side of a block.

already implemented...

repeater able to pass redstone signal OVER single solid block, soo you may shield your redstone sources from reactor area and they will work.

Nope.. A repeater emits red when acted positively upon by a torch. I want something that accepts red (or even eu, I don't care now) in one end. If it stops seeing red, it emits red out another side and doesn't stop until manually reset. A dead man switch, safety lockout.. If you don't know what I'm talking about, walk in your bathroom and stick a fork in the electric plug.

:-p
    Not a dangerous suggestion, because your bathroom plug has a safety cutout on it. A block with a repeater on the other side doesn't even come close. It can be washed away, it can be bounced by a creeper or TNT, etc. Just as your electrician opted to install the plug with buttons on it, and didnt trust your bathroom safety to the breaker box cutout in the basement (which would also do the job by the way), I don't want to trust my reactor circuit's safety to a redstone torch multiple blocks away.
    This concept is used double/triple/quintuple x 5^100th redundantly in every day life, an I would like to see it in IC2.

No forks were harmed in the posting of this message. Try at your own risk. May not be available in all states.

Apologies if I misread your idea, it sounds like you want a redstone source that can't be washed away by stray liquids? Have you tried a batbox set to "emit when empty"?

That would actually be very similar to what I want. I want a block that does that, but acts to its stimuli more immediate than draining a batbox would. My request does sound a little selfish and lazy, but if someone dumps a water bucket in my reactor control, I want them to have to dig around and swim til they find this block to destroy it and I want the reactor to go instantly off in the mean time.

Maybe what I really want is a new reactor component that when it's in a slot of the reactor would make the reactor off until you hit it with redstone, instead of on, or for there to be redstone behavior that does this.

Also, sorry for some typos in my first post. I'm using my phone, and the letters are all teenie.

Ok cool. I get it, and like it. How about beacons. Redstone torch sprites, but with different colored heads and handles would be my vote for simplicity and keeping with the visual theme. Can you add more needles to a compass, or have multiple compasses with different colored needles? Not a code guy here, so I don't know.

About spawning.. Sometimes I want to set a spawn point in daytime, or I want to sleep But come back somewhere else besides where i sleep when I die. All possible with the single player commands addon, in SMP, and is not in keeping with the spirit of the post anyway ;) but thought I would throw out there the why of what I said. My friends and I think that the SMP jump points and spawn points kinda cheapen the feel, and a nominal eu cost would help us feel better.

Similar to the exploits possible with modern warfare 2's "tactical insertion" care would need to be taken to avoid players dropping "their" spawn point or whatever in the middle of your base.

Also /sethome in the SMP commands has aspects f this to a certain extent. However, it would be nice to have some kind of "spawn block" you can put in single player. Then, you can sleep in a bed while exploring, but know you will revive in another set location if you die. However, that could be used as a cheap mans teleporter, make it an EU expense to use?

Creeper blew up in the reactor control center?

Careless feet trampling your auomated wheat tower's water shutoff?

12 year olds getting frisky with water buckets in your cave?

I've got the solution, but I hesitate to mention this, because it may be viewed as too redpower-esque, i believe it would be nice to have a IC2 block that didn't wash away or fall of at the first sign of trouble. . With the current disrepair of redstone SMP circuitry in vanilla minecraft, I believe it would be very helpful to the SMP player, and I like redpower, but I like seeing the style of IC machinery in my worlds and I prefer to run one mod at a time.
    As a recipe, I would like it to have the detector cable as a component, glass fiber on the sides, and then surrounded the rest of the way by carbon plates or whatever. I think that isnt too expensive or cheap for what I want.
    Then, perhaps, have redstone behaviors which I love.. Not necessary though.
    I would like to see it have the need for an eu source, but not necessarily a constant one. Perhaps a rechargable battery, or a crystal that is completely drained in one use.. The only way to reset it is replacing the battery. This would be a classic dead-man switch which would require effort on Steve's part to reset.

The main function of this block would be a a lockout that emits red when negatively acted upon. The detector cable emits red when acted upon positively by eu, and redstone generally emits red when acted positively upon. The redstone torch as a source for a whole setup is our only option, and is too fragile for some applications.

It could be argued that It overpowers the circuit's creator in SMP, but I disagree. To make a simple dead off circuit in SMP, (since my favorite circuits still don't work) takes an impractical amount of space. This underpowers the circuit's creator as any old Steve with a bare hand can tap a redstone line and it's done instantly. I belies it would not become a replacement for well designed circuitry, but rather an embellishment of it.

So, I just got cocoa from the wild picked 0-0-0 reed within about 45 minutes (most of this time was spent killing skellies for bones) of starting operations and then pumpkins from the next and Mellon seeds from cocoa and reeds about 3 minutes (several crossin tries) later. It was at y=120 in a swamp biome with a fully outfitted autocropalizer.

Anybody try farming in the new elevations? I am going to Keep this farm going, and try again from scratch at y=250 in the same biome. Obviously I'll need a different chunk as I need to keep line of sight open with the sky at the first one.. My hope is to see that the higher elevation farm will catch up in production. Not a very scientific test, but maybe more people will weigh in. It's been askedin the FAQ if elevation 129-256 is supported, but I would like to answer the question for ourselves before al has a chance to update the q&a. :D

I only have 6 crossing spots, so This feels like pretty powerful results.. Certainly no hair pulling like my experience at lower levels and from reading the experience of some others..

Anybody tried this?

Also, like the OP stated, I still haven't come up with stickreed. Maybe we are just too good. :)

Because seriously, who doesn't mine in a straight line?

Euclidean geometry proposes that the shortest distance between two points = a straight line. IC2 physics proposes that mining lazer = awesome.
    Mate the two and see why I often dont mine in a straight line. I often mine diagonal down or diagonal sideways, sometimes when shaft mining or at least prepping for it, but especially whenever I am clearing a large area or trying to create a good fast walkway to a pre-defined location. The lazer clips the corners of many more blocks as it travels, and clears areas with less walking. Much cheaper and more controlled then any kind of explosion.
    I would cry if they took that ability out.

1x water bucket : 2x flour = 1x dough

Sounds like the mill from Runescape. ;)

As a lover of wheat farms in sizes which drop 200+ wheat in one harvest, with no work other than flipping a lever whenever you are in the mood, I will say that wheat is slightly unbalanced as it is. I don't personally see any need for more bread than I can already make.

However, if it could make extra bread but also be used as a renewable alternative to an otherwise non-renewable component (body in construction foam, propellant in gunpowder, binder in TNT?) I'm all for it. Wood and seed fiber are used those applications all the time.

Don't get me wrong. I'm not trying to naysay anything that has been suggested or is already in place. I appreciate farming/brewing/coffee tasting for what it is, and personally enjoy them all, and am quick in other mod forums to say dont like it = don't do it. However, that isnt the case here. I do like it, but I do see a logical step that could be performed with the addition of one to two recipes.
    And consequently, if you didn't want to make industrial grade ethanol, You would be free not to. :whistling:

I have other ideas of adding macerated wood to the brew barrel and making methanol which would have strong debuffs when drunk, but could me made into the method for removing paint from cables and foam wall, or even dissolving foam wall, etc. However, I readily concede that that starts eating up block ids, wastes lots of programming time, cause the current biofuel situation to become clunky, would force people into beer making if they hoped to regain uncolored insulated wire. It would start an argument about how methanol is actually made and someone would suggest a still block be made out of a brass ingot circle in the crafting table. People would start calling it drunkcraft. It'd be a huge mess.
    Not practical... But I think one more recipe would be a hoot and would add value to the game as a whole

I was going to make a post but decided to look through existing threads.. Looks like the creators don't want to do anything more with the beer, but I would like to see the ability to put it in an extractor or canner and receive something like an ethanol cell or extract 1 beer into 4 (a completely arbitrary number as an example) biodiesel.

The beer is kinda fun, but in the overall scheme it seems disjointed from IC. Using the brewing system as a way of gaining a new fuel would be something to do with failed brews and would entice some that would otherwise have no interest in brewing or even farming in general.