Posts by MektonZero

but for now, all the methods of cobble generation won't fit nicely on my wall, so I just spawned scrap for these tests.

If you've got Thermal Expansion, use Igneous Extruders, just one block. They need one bucket of lava and one of water to start but don't use them up and automatically pipe out cobble to a side of your choice. It's only one every two seconds but you can build as many as you need.

I can then turn around and use another setup I found using four cells and a six-chamber reactor. This setup provides 16 Million EU. Assuming I am able to breed the four cells in my first setup, I would essentially be generating 16 Mil EU for the cost of one uranium cell.

It will take more than one cycle to breed those four cells from a cold start. Also, don't forget the 2kk EU you get from one full breeding cycle.

Towards the end of my first run with that reactor setup, everything went wrong. Basically, the cooling wasn't working quite as expected. All of a sudden, I lost my add-on chamber! poof, gone!

So, now I have to figure out exactly what went wrong and fix it. Any ideas?

You're better off using a Neutral Breeder and use a heating cycle to get it up to 9k heat. The reactor planner just tells you if you go to 10k heat, 9500+ hull heat isn't good for the environment around the reactor.

Well for a mark I/Mark II-E, I haven't seen any other designs that produce more then 28,000,000 EU total. Then again, i haven't looked around all that much so i could be wrong.

The inefficiency is the killer, total EU output is an extremely poor metric for the worth of a reactor design. 2 of Rick's Mk II-E reactors costs almost exactly the same amount of resources (the total difference is less than 20 resources) but they output 4 million more EU for 57% of the Uranium.