Posts by Sniper061

Hmm, okay. I think I have a design that will work. I have to use six chambers but at the end of the first run, I should be sitting at about 8,500 hull heat. All I have to do from that point is change out 5 components and plug in a new uranium cell. That'll put me at about 8,250 heat. Not optimal, but it works! I also figure that every couple of cycles, I can throw in a second uranium cell for just a couple seconds to keep the heat up. Dangerous, yes, but without a thermometer to check the hull heat, it's the best I can do :-/. I'll just make sure to keep a bucket ready to toss in there if I start taking radiation damage.

Well, nothing appears as it seems!

Towards the end of my first run with that reactor setup, everything went wrong. Basically, the cooling wasn't working quite as expected. All of a sudden, I lost my add-on chamber! poof, gone! I quickly grabbed the uranium cell and near depleted cells out of the reactor and avoided a complete catastophe but I noticed fire being generated down in the water source blocks on the floor. I'm assuming that was my reinforced concrete trying to generate flowing lava as they quickly turned to stone. I also checked all my source blocks and minus the ones just turned into stone, the rest still existed.

So, now I have to figure out exactly what went wrong and fix it. Any ideas?

I'm very new to reactors and have come up with what I think is a pretty decent cold-start breeder in reactor planner:

http://www.talonfiremage.pwp.b…a=1p101010110010101001010

I can then turn around and use another setup I found using four cells and a six-chamber reactor. This setup provides 16 Million EU. Assuming I am able to breed the four cells in my first setup, I would essentially be generating 16 Mil EU for the cost of one uranium cell. My overall goal right now is to have a "hands-off" approach to reactors until I learn the mechanics better.

That's getting off topic though, what I came here to ask was whether or not the reactor planner takes evaporating water into account. I know about having the water flowing from above, but what happens when any source blocks *under* your reactor evaporate?