Posts by Pinkishu

Just want to comment :3
    @ Rejected Suggestions:
    Some of these were rejected with the notion that they would be unbalanced. Guess what, GT throws IC2 balance over thus it can integrate them in a balanced way.

@ Capes:
    Optifine has those too and I think they tried to get it into FTB~

@Allocator/Rock Breaker:
    uh.. so mods are forbidden to add something new some other mod may already have when they're in FTB? Then FTB needs to throw out half of every other tech mod thats currently in FTB

I still feel like most of these reasons have been pulled out of air and the basic thing is that RG and others don't like GT changing IC2 recipes.

A multiblock generator sounds nice ^^ Still doesn't solve my basic problem of having too less control over the item flow in these buffers? Or is it intended that you have to let them clutter up? Cause like this i'd have to wait till all buffers have coal stacks in them and can't pull any more coal before I know the generators are full. And well generators was just an example, works with any machine, really ^^ So no comments on more flow-control? Would be very useful to allow to influence how stuff flows or split stuff up (without using CC-Turtles, heh)

Like Macerators filling atm the only way i could think of is

Chest->Translocator -> Buffers, but then how do I give stuff to Macerator #2 if Macerator #1 already has stuff?
    (Yeah could use grinder, sorry, bad example again ^^")

Anyway, I'm fine with a "no" or such so I at least know, just weird not getting any kind of comment ^^"

And heh @ requiring blast furnace requirement for solars :) Wonder what the FTB players will say to that, I've seen many already complaining about the 2.03 solar recipe as being "too expensive" (strangely i don't find it expensive at all Oo)

I like this mode a lot :3

Some suggestions for the automation machines:

• Something like Distribution pipes do, I could chose out of 5 items that pass through 2 go to <side> and 3 go <side>?
    • Some way to turn off translocators (since i think they have their own buffer of energy and splitter cables are slow to react i can't quite do that with cutting power i think?) Or a way to only activated them on a redstone signal or such
    • Some kind of inventory sensor so I could have it emit something if the inventory has more than e.g. 32 wood planks or less than that maybe?
    • Or maybe some kind of advanced insertion-pipe thingy? So let it go into the machine if its not full but pass it on forward if the machine on <side> is full already?

Would greatly help with automation imo ^^

So yeah... example:
    I set up a Macerator and Furnace to work and go down my mine

Now I get several errors in the log once i'm down far enough:

Code
    Error in class 'SourceLWJGL OpenAL'    Channel null in method 'stop'Error in class 'SourceLWJGL OpenAL'    Channel null in method 'stop'

After the last of those happening my MC sound is completely off, no footsteps, no monster noises, no interface sound etc
    Any idea how to fix this?

Hi there~

I'm personally just wondering what the best way is to start out and build up...
    I just realized that in the early times I always feel pretty stressed

"MUST get nano,
    "MUST get stable power",
    "(char-)coal is inefficient and i have to keep treefarming all time time, so lava"
    "must find more and more lava",
    "must build mfsu/mfe",
    "need more solars so i can eventually get free energy in good amounts" etc
    "must get quantum at some point, but also eats lots of energy"

If you even add other mods in theres other stuff you have to build too..
    So I wonder how you people start out? How do you generate power etc :3
    I mostly go with charcoal+geothermal at the beginning and try to build up solars

Should one be using wind? or maybe watermills?

None that copy the principles of nuclear reactors from waht i've seen though

my point basically: it may have been brought often and have been denied as the simple idea of a lightning rod you put up somewhere
    yet that doesn't mean the essence of lightning power generation is bad - just needs to be tweaked in to the right way
    doing that by finding out why its disliked and changing that

Yeah but not the "put it up and increase chance of natural lightning strike"-thingy thats usually around :P

hm not quite a weathermachine as it doesn't really generate weather - it generates targeted short-range lightning bolts
    I never heard anyone calling tesla plasma bolts weathermachines :o

aside from fixed minds - what are the complaints against lightning rods?

The ones i've seen:
    set and forget -> well you can do the same here and with nuclear power - for a lower EU yield than if you maintained it
    op or useless -> sounds like nuclear reactors right there to me :D non-maintaining design => low eu/t; better designs with higher eu/t need you to maintain it or build redstone stuff to do so

First thanks
    Second "nope"? I clearly stated its a thread to work out hte idea and see if maybe someone makes it into an add-on you cannot "nope" that; and tbh it's not quite a "lightning rod" either :p
    except if you maybe tl;dr'ed it

Hi there...
    so yeah i'm not really expecting this to be implemented (or well someone or me might make it an AddOn at some point),
    but yeah.

So this isn't even fully worked out yet, just some thoughts on the topic.
    And yes its gonna be a little complicated - but nuclear power is too, and people seem to complain about lightning rods being either useless or a set-and-forget-op-thingy

Components:

• Lightning Generator
    • Shock Absorber
    • Maybe Iron blocks

Lightning Generator

Well yeah it takes EU and generates lightning... so it will strike any blocks in a box ( e.g. 9x9) in front of it, randomly choosing a target.
    If a block is closer than a certain distance (e.g. 4 blocks) it is destroyed.

It has settings: Charge and Speed, charge basically just means the charge of the bolts it fires and speed how fast it will fire them (provided it has enough energy for it anyway ofc)

So it takes and stores EU and once it has enough storage to fire the set bolt it will do so and then wait until the delay (speed) is over - then fire another or wait until it has enough EU stored to do so
    (Note: should probably fire bolts without a global thunder sound, as that would be annoying as hell)

Can be turned off by applying redstone/redwire.

Shock Absorber (could also need an iron block next to it, to transfer the bolt charge into the absorber when the bolt hits the iron block)

Well if one of those is hit by a lightning bolt (by the machine - maybe natural ones too) it absorbs the shock into its internal buffer.
    This makes it gain charge (and maybe heat). It will then start to slowly transfer the EU form its buffer into the energynet - provided it has a target ofc, else the buffer will store up more and more as it gets hit more and more.

Now the buffer doens't last forever, if it goes beyond its maximum something could happen.
    e.g. its wrecked and spreads its charge to the surrounding blocks (thus giving a chance they'll get overloaded and wrecked too).
    If Heat is added it could dissipate over time (might need to have a cooling device too) (Or have water [see next section])

They'll get more extra-charge if they already store a bit. So e.g. Charge added = Bolt charge + 4% of buffer charge

Wrecked absorbers could get you scrap or maybe some of its buildings parts back if you remove them.

The space between

Could be air... or water... water could act as: If a bolt hits it the bolt charge is spread out to all the shock absorbers touching the water, but also losing a percentage of the energy in the water.

So there it is
    High bolt charge or fast speeds? Bigger chance of overloading something or needs a cooldown period
    Water spreading to have less risk to strain one block? Less energy gotten (Cause water energy loss + absorbers getting less bonus charge)
    More aborbers to gather more bolts and gain higher energy? More resource cost
    Less space between the absorbers and the generator? Well nets you more focus on the absorbers (less absorbers to hit) but also means they'll get heat and charge much more quickly, thus needs more management to make sure they don't wreck
    Forgot to add off an automatic shutdown, so your MFSU is full and its still charging up the absorbers - which can't get rid of the charge and wreck in mass? - well thats bad
    etc

Balance => maybe should be able to generate equal to or lower to nuclear => no chance of explosion but with poor management you'll lose a lot of materials on broken absorbers and such
    maybe the generator needs some material to generate the bolts.. blaze rods maybe, i dunno