Posts by codingparadox

Gotcha! Thanks for the clarification. I didn't see anything about it getting added back in. :)

If the packet system is in place again, why is it helpful to upgrade machines to another tier of voltage other than simplicity of your wiring? I was very much able to add several more overclock upgrades to my tier 1 machines (compressor/etc.) after upgrading them to tier 2 voltage. If packets worked by my understanding, then it shouldn't matter whether it was getting power at 128 EU/t in 4*32 EU/p packets or at 1*128 EU/p packet.

I played around more with the EU reader and checked voltage on a bunch of things, and it's possible that I'm just misunderstanding the docs. It sounded like older IC2 builds used the EU/t + EU/p systems, but that more recent IC2 versions (as of like several years ago) got rid of the packet system and just went straight to EU/t. However, the behavior I'm seeing can be firmly explained by the packet system, so I'm going to have to assume that the packets are still in effect, and I just need to simplify my setup there to just use an EV transformer to step my quantum panels down from Tier 5 to Tier 4, and then I can just merge it with the Tier 3 from my 18 wind turbines, and then inside my base will be all T3/T4 packets hitting the main line in the front door, even though the total EU/t is over 10k, it's never more than T4 packet sizes. Does that sound about right?...

I'm on a server using advanced solar panels, and had an existing wind farm making ~2-3k EU/t, then recently started on solar and worked my way up to building two Quantum panels. When I hook them up together, I get the 8192 EU/t during the day that I'd expect, but to fill in at night, I wanted to merge it with my wind farm to get a consistent as-close-to-max-for-EV-as-possible power amount being fed to my base. So I did some wacky wiring and basically took my wind farm and my solar farm, split their output cables twice (1->2 then split those, so 1 -> 4 equal outputs), then joined each of the 1/4th output cables from the solar and the wind farm into an input to an EV transformer, then took each EV transformer's output and 4 -> 2 -> 1'd it back together, with the intention of making one max-of-8192 EU/t output cable (and then I was going to throw 4 MFSUs on there to buffer it).

This plan seemed all fine and dandy, so I set it all up, and then was pretty shocked to see well over 8k EU/t come out of the EV transformers. When the combination of solar + wind is making ~11k EU/t, all 11 are making it through the EV transformers to the output joined cable. So, that's perplexing.

However, what's more perplexing is that all of the tier 5 stuff inside my base (including a single EV transformer that starts stepping things down for my machine room) are all happily accepting the 11k EU/tick, including my matter fabricator with two transformer upgrades, with the EU scanner showing 10k EU/t on it right now (but it's making me lots of UU matter!...) I haven't tried just straight running the 11k without the EV transformers into the base, but the last time I overpowered a matter fabricator by accident, it blew a ~20 block diameter hole in the side of my base that took me days to clean up from, so I'd rather not mess around with that again...

What am I missing here? Why are the transformers allowing more than 2048 EU/t through them, and why is it okay that > 8k EU/t is making it to tier 5 devices. Also, why aren't my glass fiber cables exploding?...

If it matters, we're on: industrialcraft-2-2.8.106-ex112