Posts by Kortmannetje

What about adding a new function to your pump, so it would be a bit more useful ?
    I think it'd be fun if pump could turn Oil (for example, but some similar things may work for Lava) into a "Raw Oil" and this one could have a slightly different Distillation recipie in your tower ? Like providing 1 Methane Cell for each Diesel Cell (I know, Gasses are like 10% of Oil, but assuming your Methane Cells are Gaseous Methane Cells and not Liquid, because it would otherwhise produce more EU than Refined Oil ... we can assume 1 Methane Cell for each Diesel Cell would be about 10% in terms of mass, or mols if you prefer ^^)

Edit: Why am I still forgetting to edit ? At least that's a good mean to bump the Thread but ...

Didn't I suggest something similar a while ago?

The amount of reactions to my long post are surprisingly low... I'm not sure what I expected. Though, i'd like to know someone's opinion about this idea:
    Suffocation damage in a room with (diesel)generators if there is no block which can see the sky in the room (to let the carbondioxide out). Or if the exhaust gasses aren't drained by the suggested gas tubes :).

If the dirt minerals are going to be implanted, I'd like to suggest an industrial industrial centrifuge/ production (industrial) centrifuge/ bulk centrifuge for centrifuging large amounts of centrifugable stuff at the same time and requiring waterproof pipes/liquiducts to be attached to put in the liquids and/or gasses that are produced by centrifuging.

Quoted from "Kortmannetje"

A use for ghast tears: An explosion core (item) for upgrading the mining laser to use explosive mode.
    The mining laser ALREADY has explosive mode.

And how are ghast tears chemically/physically related to explosions?

I meant that the standard laser gets nerfed not to have explosion mode, and since ghasts shoot out explosives, their tear could have some explosion-shooting properties. Or they could be used in a dynamite/ nuclear dynamite launcher. Or in Nuclear Dynamite (wouldn't that be awesome?).

Edit: Dat Quotes.

Are those ideas or confirmed upcoming features? And since petrol fired cars have a better acceleration rate, shouldn't petrol have a higher EU/t output than diesel?
    And does the nice sexy block speed up movement?

Dear Gregorious T,

I had this idea for the distillation tower which involves adding some stuff. So in real life, a distillation tower is like a big tower with different outputs. So firstly, I would like to add temperature. Then, some rubber tubes for gasses (able to carry gasses which are colder than like 400K, or high pressure gasses, hot gasses and maybe some more types), some liquid pipes (like one for keeping something cold, able to resist high temperatures, high pressure, and maybe some other stuff), a simple heater for heating up oil and other liquids to a certain temperature, and stacking means higher temperature, a cooling device for cooling stuff down to make it suitable for other purposes and an advanced cooler (something similar to the vacuum freezer, but which is placable between tubes and pipes), able to liquify gaseous methane and helium (might be useful for lower energy loss for wires), and some more kinds of carbohydrates.

So refining oil means that firstly, you put the oil through some heaters and heat it up to like 700-800K and then into a distil tower (multiblock structure, like a 2*2*8 tower of machine casings or other special blocks). Then, on the top of the distil tower, the player can attach a rubber tube to get some methane from the oil. And on block 7 a liquid tube for naphtha, on block 6 one for kerosene, on block 4 one for diesel, on block 2 one for oil fuel( or other heavy carbonhydrates) and on the bottom a tube or a chest for bitumen (maybe usable for some road blocks which I really miss).

Then, a refinery may be used to convert diesel, kerosene of naphtha into BC fuel (BC fuel into diesel etc.) and some sulphur. Maybe a large generator for oil fuel and diesel and a crack device to break up oil fuel or bitumen into naphtha or kerosene and a Fischer-Tropsch-GTL reactor to produce naphtha, kerosene or diesel out of methane (or natural gas found beneath jungles of as a by-product of pumping out oil with an enhanced pump).

Maybe the distil tower needs to always be filled up with 32 buckets of oil for it to work, because in real life there isn't a working half full distil tower, is there?

Then, advanced engines to produce power more efficient from naphtha, kerosene and diesel than fuel in a diesel generator due to the specification of input liquids and the abilities to chain (diesel)generators to make more powerful and efficient engines (with maybe rubber tubes attached to the top of the engines to carry the exhaust gasses), and what about pollution like TC flux? Though it might be hard to code, awesome it would be to turn forests into deserts and make rain eat away houses (if seriously polluted by using fuels without removing the sulphur from it).
    Bitumen could maybe be turned into a new material: Plastic, useful for a huge amount of stuff...

Maybe liquids in tubes can gradually cool down until the environment temperature is reached (making water tubes break in icy biomes),
    and making (cold) liquefied gasses gradually heat up in tubes breaking them if the tubes aren't pressure resistant.

Just some ideas for your great addon to make them more realistic and maybe awesome.

Yours sincerely,
    Kortmannetje

Edit 2: Removed due to unoriginality.

Edit 3: Fuel cells for efficient and portable energy generation by using electrolyzed water/hydrogen cells (turtle addon/lappack refilling ability?).

Edit 4/ Idea x: A 3D-printer which can print any or a lot of items out of UU-matter (and maybe plastic). Maybe crafted with a computercube, a UUM assembler, a laser? and some other stuff.

Edit 5: Removed due to unoriginality.. Does anybody read these edits?