Posts by Kaomie

I do not use the installer so I cannot tell for sure, but it should work with the default configurations for all the mods. It is possible the installer does not exactly reflect the mods versions loaded on the server right now...

This particular ID does not even match either BlockLogic or BlockResin on my setup... Attached is the ID map which I currently have for this server.

You can try and remove all the configurations (subfolders "config" and "redpower" inside ".minecraft") to try and re-generate all the IDs properly. Note that this may wipe all customization you have made depending if you are using any other custom mods, so make a backup first if this is not a dedicated install!

Kaomie, I noticed that a few weeks back, my server folder/settings are identical to the one being hosted on the last server, with the exception I'm no longer uploading backups to myself every 2 hours.

Yes the chunks I am digging were also generated some time back. I am thinking this is happening since the upgrade of RP2PR5 to the b2 version, whenever that was a couple weeks ago. A lot of the World had been discovered prior to that, so only some areas will be affected. That is within the 2000x2000 region at least.

I just noticed we are getting both RedPower and IndustrialCraft ores now (at least copper and tin). Pretty sure we used to have only IC ores initially, so I am guessing somewhere along the line RP ores generation got turned on without matching the block IDs or something (not sure if detection is automated or not nowadays, or if it happened with some of the mess with Forge versions and the ores dictionary). No big deal but it is a bit annoying to have to deal with double stacks. Probably cannot fix it now that the ores are in the wild (unless you do an offline world search&replace but the map is quite big so it may take a while) but something to keep in mind for the future.

Couple notes before I forget:

• Probably want to disable /weather, since usually people are fighting over it depending whether they use solar or wind, or just if they like/dislike rain.
    • Probably want to disable World Anchors since most people do not understand all the consequences of using them (like the combination with RP pumps huge range past the loaded chunks = terrible for lava lakes and oceans) and the others are abusing them. They are perfect for RailCraft with the slow Ovens or with the Tunnel Bore but they make too many other mods OP, like anyone with a terrible EU production design just has to log after a week and swim in UU-Mat. At least limit to 1 Anchor per region max (and none in the Nether).
    • Definitely want to protect mod chests if possible. I am perfectly happy with IC2 Personal Chests but people like to use Ironchests and do not know how to seal their base properly, so yeah lots of robbery drama. I guess it goes for protecting as many mod blocks as possible...
    • Define some rules for RP quarry mining. Entire areas of the map are now looking like chunk errors as far as you can see and this is retarded. Until RedPower gets more reasonable with balanced power management and not magic block breakers which only require redstone signal and motors which can move huge frames just like 1 block, then yeah.
    • Enable PvP globally so that we can defend against intruders. People can still decide to remove it on a per region basis.

EDIT:

• Have the management script restart the server every couple of hours (like maybe twice a day should be enough) to clear the memory since something seems to be leaking and eventually brings the server to a crawl and crash.

Thanks,

Okay so for the elevator control code I think we might as well write it directly in assembly. We will have to constantly swap between the different I/O expanders and also use the blitter directly for the cabin monitor GUI anyway. The only problem with that is you need to write the code outside MineCraft and inject it directly into the disk images so it is a lot less interactive to develop. Messing with the ACME Assembler now: http://ibm5100.net/redpower/se…r-for-65el02-programming/

We could also use a more fully-fledged BASIC OS instead of the default Forth which would make things easier: http://bigfootinformatika.hu/65el02/ This is still very experimental though, not sure if it is worth spending too much time on this just now.

Still searching all the possible options at that point.

Oh noes and it happens just for the WE too and as I was getting my last piece of armor :Quantum-Boots:

I tried and checked a couple random IC2 servers today and they all are either desperately empty or filled with ugliness and/or dozen of whinny smart-asses who make me want to slit my wrists, so I do hope this server comes back!

In the meantime I am working offline on even more improvements to my Nether geothermal power-plants mwahah

Thanks,