Posts by OCAdam

Well then something in my browser is heavily limiting the speed. And has only been doing so for about a week. I'm willing to guess the hundreds of Java updates that seemingly come in every day or so...

Edit: Did some small testing and found that before running the program, my Firefox.exe was running about 44000K (40000K before having the window open at all). After starting a reactor test, this jumped to a max around 96000K. Stopping the reactor test only reduced the memory to 88000K. Closing said window only has reduced memory down to 52000K. So somewhere down the line of the program, I've lost 12000K in memory. At least, until I close Firefox entirely.

Vendan said something about the program being limited by the browser being used. So, I'm thinking that if I was able to run it from my computer without using any web browser in the way, it'd go the fastest (that 100 ticks/sec mentioned). My browser is limiting the program, and the browser is being limited by my internet most of the time. Thus, my internet connection is limiting the program. Or so I am thinking. But the only code I know even halfway decently is C++, not Java.

If you're ending up with a negative Breeder, I'd suggest simply removing a few of the Cooling Cells in order to make this an equal Breeder.

http://test.vendaria.net/index…CHCCHCCCHCCCHCCHCCCHCCCHC

All I did was remove 2 HDs and their (singly) connected Cooling Cells. This provided just enough heat/tick increase to get it to be at 0h/t.

I don't really mess with Breeders though, so I could be entirely wrong. Theoretically it'd work though. Also, Vendan fixed the issue with Iso Cells making for incorrect energy and such.

http://test.vendaria.net compute output energy wrong when you use isotope cells. it correctly increase pulses of uranium cells which lead to increased heat production but it also add energy production. but as i understand reactor guide from ablaka isotope cells dont increase energy production. only heat production.

this http://test.vendaria.net/index…XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX should produce 5EU/t not 10.

I don't believe any of my designs are breeders as shown. However, yeah, that one could be used as a positive Breeder (+7h/t, 1 iso) or a negative Breeder (-16h/t, 2 iso's).

Interesting... My design was using a specific pattern that generally worked across a wide variety of situations, so I didn't think too much about fully optimizing it like what you seem to have done. However, looking at the pattern some... I have optimized this pattern a bit for the situation and found I can get the same 30h/t and actually free up a slot while using 2 fewer HDs.

http://test.vendaria.net/index.php?react…CCCHCCCHCCCHCCX

Now to add this into the modified version of that reactor design...

Edit: Added another Mark II design.

LIttle curious if you would care to have a downloadable version. Of course if you're not willing, that's fine. It's just that maybe being run straight from a person's computer would get around the browser speed limitation and go up to that 100ticks/sec you said you got it to be trying to attain.

You can run just a Cooling Cell on all four sides of the U Cell and it'll be a Mk1. This is what I mean (although I doubled up the design; link below). It's the simplest reactor design and requires extremely small amount of resources. Once you get the hang of the math and algorithms of the reactor design, you'll start being able to pump out some resource efficient and U Cell efficient designs.

http://test.vendaria.net/index…XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

I'm pretty sure the reactor ticks and game ticks are separate... so the first number was more correct.

Edit: Reactor ticks are basically 1 second long. So yeah, the correct units were originally used.

Double Edit: Misread a few lines. Reactor PULSES are 1 second long. So actually, Vendan is correct at 20 ticks/sec. 3.422M EU produced theoretically.

TBH i think that there are many good designs here but I think that the point was that His reactor needs extra no external cooling noted by the fact that in water it will have -21 heat production.

I can't tell for sure because the E means pretty much nothing in terms of a Mark I reactor (both in this thread and Alblaka's tutorial posts). If it had said Mark I-IC specifically, then yes, I'd have also worked on a design fitting to the internal only cooling method. Well... I could still look into my own design that fits that anyways as well...

Extending this bug in order to not cluster up the forum with basically an extension of the bug. Included a screenshot showing a reactor 'cube.'

R - Reactor
    C - Chamber

Layer 1
    RC
    CC

Layer 2
    CC
    CR

This allows for both reactors to make 6 chamber reactors... even though really there are only 3 facially adjacent chambers. Guess chambers connected even by just a vertex are considered adjacent right now.

Edit: Was using the forum search to find this thread and didn't manage to realize this was under IC1's section. So uh... oops?

(Note: I have no clue if someone else designed one of these before. I don't really look at too many reactor designs, so forgive me if there's a replica here!)

-------------
    Mk I Designs:
    -------------

--------------
    Mk II Designs:
    --------------

-----------------
    Mark III Designs:
    -----------------

-----------------------
    Mark I Coolant Designs:
    -----------------------

http://test.vendaria.net/index…HXXXXXXCHCHCHXXXXXXXXXXXX

This reactor design also fits to the 2.33 Mk I-O-C specification. While it's not as resource friendly as the above design (takes 3 more HDs), it's got an even heat distro and 0 excess heat, thus taking 3 less coolant cells.

http://test.vendaria.net/index…CXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

While not a Mark I design, it's a 2 chamber Mk II-EC (19 cycles if I do my little bit of math right). It has an excess of just 1 heat/tick, uses 9 HDs, and 18 coolant cells. Just add a third chamber and it's a Mk I-O-C though! So there, even higher resource efficiency and still keeping in the 2.33 efficiency of the uranium cells.

(Note to self: make a thread with a bunch of my designs...)

Edit: Well, Vendan's post came in before I finished making mine... so my references are to be 2 posts above. That and his design is pretty much optimal. Only other way to get an equal reactor to that is a y-axis flip of that design.

I'm pretty sure this time you've got it down, but still a bit of bad math. I count 6 reactor chambers, not 5 (you have a 6*9 grid, and 6*3 is standard no chamber reactor). So, 48 heat/tick, but with 36 coolants, 6 chambers, and the reactor itself, that alone looks to be making -1 heat/tick, unless I've got my own math wrong. Add water and you've got -21 heat/tick total (20 from the water where that 3*3*3-1-6 = 20).

With each core producing 3 pulses, 4 cores, and 2 elements surrounding each, I got 96 heat/tick as well. Your water cooling then reduces heat by 20 per tick, the reactor chambers 12, reactor itself 1, the 35 coolants for another 35... that adds up to 68. This leaves 28 heat/tick left. Unfortunately your algorithm might need to work a bit more before it comes up with the correct heat/tick value.

That threw me off at first, but yeah, just grab it off of Microsoft's site for the English version.

This program makes for a nice little testbed of reactor designs...

Edit: Are the various types of external cooling methods implements, or are the buttons just... there? It seems that none and water have no difference for some reason, unless things are just acting up on my system.