Posts by Ultimoos

I seriously hope it will be as fun, as original X-COM. Without unnecessary simplifications.

I will crush your hope before you get any more "hoping". This game is going to be the simplest tactical game ever. It should not be even named X-COM. That just confuses old fans. Old X-COM and this one wont have even one common thing. Except for title.

We have noticed 2 bugs regarding quantum suit while playing on a server.
    1. While speed running on ice blocks and using boosted jump you go so fast that server kicks you for hacking :)
    2. After returning from nether to overworld, first boosted jump results in ongoing acceleration. You go up faster and faster until server kicks you for hacking. The jump lasts just half a second before kick but the acceleration is still noticeable.

Hi. I play with few friends on a private server and we use those shields for many different purposes. We noticed that even through cube projector is easy to make, it is not that much useful to us. And that is because it has a fixed length in all dimensions. I know, that is because it is a "CUBE" projector. The things we usually try to shield has various shapes. So we have to use deflector projectors to make a specific shape of the field.

So, I wanted to suggest an upgrade to "Cube" projector or even new kind of projector that would create a cube shaped field but with a possibility to modify lengths of chosen dimensions.
    That way we could shape a field to fit our needs as if it was made with deflectors but also, we could install all the upgrades that a "Cube" projector can.
    So a player could set it to generate a field for example:

4 blocks W, 6 blocks N, 8 blocks E, 2 blocks S, 7 blocks UP and 2 blocks DOWN.

Actually, while the mod works fine in singleplayer, it does NOT work in multiplayer. Sad, because one of the best reasons for this mod is to cut down serverside lag (which is why I want it). Looking forward to the new version, whenever that may be!

I use this mod in multiplayer with IC2 1.97 and did not experience any problems with arrays.

I got this error:

2 mods loaded
    Minecraft Forge 3.3.7.135
    FML v2.2.48.135
    Forge Mod Loader version 2.2.48.135 for Minecraft 1.2.5
    mod_MinecraftForge : Loaded (minecraft.jar)
    mod_IC2 : Loaded (industrialcraft-2-client_1.95b.jar)

Minecraft has crashed!
    ----------------------

Minecraft has stopped running because it encountered a problem.

--- BEGIN ERROR REPORT 597a35e --------
    Generated 24.06.12 12:22

Minecraft: Minecraft 1.2.5
    Java: 1.6.0_29, Sun Microsystems Inc.
    VM: Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (mixed mode), Sun Microsystems Inc.
    LWJGL: 2.4.2
    OpenGL: GeForce 9600 GT/PCI/SSE2 version 3.0.0, NVIDIA Corporation

cpw.mods.fml.common.LoaderException: cpw.mods.fml.common.LoaderException: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: immibis/core/net/IPacketMap
    at cpw.mods.fml.common.Loader.load(Loader.java:436)
    at cpw.mods.fml.common.Loader.loadMods(Loader.java:592)
    at cpw.mods.fml.client.FMLClientHandler.onPreLoad(FMLClientHandler.java:193)
    at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.a(Minecraft.java:383)
    at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.run(Minecraft.java:735)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
    Caused by: cpw.mods.fml.common.LoaderException: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: immibis/core/net/IPacketMap
    at cpw.mods.fml.common.Loader.loadModClass(Loader.java:527)
    at cpw.mods.fml.common.Loader.attemptFileLoad(Loader.java:561)
    at cpw.mods.fml.common.Loader.load(Loader.java:419)
    ... 5 more
    Caused by: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: immibis/core/net/IPacketMap
    at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass1(Native Method)
    at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClassCond(Unknown Source)
    at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(Unknown Source)
    at java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass(Unknown Source)
    at java.net.URLClassLoader.defineClass(Unknown Source)
    at java.net.URLClassLoader.access$000(Unknown Source)
    at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(Unknown Source)
    at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
    at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(Unknown Source)
    at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
    at java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method)
    at java.lang.Class.forName(Unknown Source)
    at cpw.mods.fml.common.Loader.loadModClass(Loader.java:494)
    ... 7 more
    Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: immibis.core.net.IPacketMap
    at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(Unknown Source)
    at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
    at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(Unknown Source)
    ... 22 more
    --- END ERROR REPORT 49bd42e ----------

I tried latest forge 151 and have the same error.
    Am I missing something?

Hi.
    First of all I'd like to thank you for making this mod. I have a personal grudge against bukkit and this mod makes thing a lot more interesting.
    I was thinking about more PVP oriented version of this mod. What would you say about making an offspring version with 1 minor change?
    It's all about how force field is activated. Right now you can activate the field any time, no matter how much energy you have stored. But to make it more PVP appealing I would suggest to put 1 limitation to this. Make it so the field can be activated only when there is a certain minimum amount of energy stored (like 50% of total capacity). With that someone would be able to actually weaken the field so it breaks and have some time to walk inside of it.
    As I said, just a little change for PVP oriented servers.