Posts by ShadwDrgn

This is a series of SMP tours of The Dragon's Durance SMP server. We have the author of Equivalent Exchange, x3n0ph0b3, and the author of infiTools, mDiyo. Those two among several others. We have some fun contraptions, a strip club, some cool buildings, some sky platforms, and a lot of fun players. I'd like to show all of it off! This is the first video, and the first contraption featuring IC2 recyclers, mass fabricator, cobble generators, Redpower2 breakers, filters, tubes, and transposers!

You can find my channel here:
    http://www.youtube.com/shadwdrgn

The first server tour is here:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5YRtiyxFJss

Please subscribe if you enjoy the video or would like to see more.

Criticisms are welcome.

Have kind of an odd trouble. Guess, because of having Eloraam's Redpower, I get two different kinds of copper. This is ok, I can tell them apart. However, she also has tin. Either I've only found hers, and not yours yet, or something's squirrely. When I smelt it, I get "Tin Ingots" which don't work in IC2 recipes. Any ideas about this? Can't even get to the Re batteries to, get to, ultimately, at least intially, the Macerator. Read somewhere in one of IC2's forums, that when you macerate them, then they become indistinguishable from each other, which is cool. However, can't get to the batteries or the initial Generator. (Just started a new world after BC and BTW updated. Was into T2 in IC2 in the last one).
    Again, any thoughts would be greatly appreciated. :)
    Thanks.

It doesn't matter. Forge ore dictionary is going to mean there will only be one type of tin shared between all forge mods anyway. Same with any other ore.

OH! Dude! The Klein Star is gonna be epic. Lemme find it for you. Meanwhile:

4.5ish stacks of mobius fuel = a cloned dark matter block in around 9 minutes. 5ish with a maxed flowing time ring. I basically have anything I could ever want because of those two DMLs. Also mobius fuel is VERY useful for fueling the Destruction Catalyst and in my case the Catalytic Lens (which is INSANELY awesome). Mobius fuel is a more efficient way of fueling these tools so you'll be able to stay down in the mine longer than you would with an equivalent (after conversion) amount of glowstone.

Once you have one dark matter locus making more is fairly easy seeing as you just stick some mobius fuel in there and keep putting in more until you have enough. 9*8=72 minutes later you've got another one (another DML). Not bad considering the first probably took you AGES.

Also since I have this crazy contraption I tend to do the opposite of the recipe you like. I tend to convert mobius fuel to uranium. LOL

Yes it can definitely be flowing water. Does not have to be source blocks. In fact if you design such that the source block is dead center 3 above your reactor with a little plus design then if the reactor heats up so much that it would evaporate water, your water will still be unaffacted (it will continue flowing BEFORE heat/cooling is calculated). You'd be able to keep the cooling from water even at those tempuratures. There's a nice graph of it in Nargon's thread.

I thought about doing a LP, myself. I think I might just bore people to death though. I do have this CRAZY awesome contraption I've been wanting to show you though for EE/Buildcraft. Very fun. In fact I'll go make you the video now! You'll probably be like "Eh. boring." HAH!

Direwolf20: I'm sure someone has probably already commented on the video or something, but the water only needs to be around the reactor itself. The chambers don't matter. so of the 3x3x3 blocks (26 blocks not counting the reactor itself) of space around the reactor (some of which will be chambers) you will get 1 cooling per tick for each that has water in it. 1/4th/t for air, and 2/t for a chamber. So you can make your reactor room smaller :) I suggest 5x5x5 room of 2 thick walls with the 3x3x3 in the center hollowed out for the reactor and chambers leaving 1 in the center on the bottom, 1 in the back, and one in the front for the wire, redstone, and access for right clicking respectively.

;) Hope this info helped. Love your LP. 1.8.1 EQEX is coming VERY soon (in the next few days) and will include the new Klein Star! Should be very cool! Then we just wait for IC2 1.8.1 (I think SMP support is coming first though) and you will be able to play on 1.8.1. Will you be doing a world wipe at that time, not upgrading at all, or upgrading and simply traveling for new content?

I figured x3n0 would add something like that at some point - I've gotta get around to installing that addon.

Another alternative would be to put another 2 automatic crafting tables. one attached to your chest with the lava and empy buckets that makes 3 iron out of the pstone and empty buckets (this way it ONLY takes the empty buckets) and one to turn them back in to empty buckets. This way you could do it before getting your volcanite. Though it looks like you've decided on going for the volcanite anyway. :D

Nuclear reactors should change some of the blocks within a certain radius (probably based on how efficient the reactor was or how much uranium was in it) in to radioactive versions of that tile when they explode in addition to their explosion damage, of course. Probably would be fine to only do this on natural blocks such as sand, smoothstone, dirt, and grass. Perhaps this block would glow. These blocks would need a special tool to mine up (something for cleaning up radioactiveness i don't know what it would be called) and cause slow damage if a player is within a certain number of tiles. Perhaps if they wear certain armor it would protect them.

Mainly I think it would be cool for the repurcussions of a nuclear blast to include some of the natural blocks (maybe even some of the unnatural ones) to be changed to radioactive ones.

LMK what you think.

Yeah I agree. I'm glad you're doing it that way. I think it feels a little like cheating too. I'm contemplating not using EQEX at all in a new world. I've messed with all the stuff in the mod now. Once you get started on EQEX you quickly get more and more rich as you progress. It's crazy. once you have a Dark Matter Locus you are effectively making 576 diamonds every 5ish minutes doing nothing but transmuting.

Yeah. The EQEX/IC2 combo is insane. EQEX is already crazy but combining everything ti diamond ore then breaking it back down to gold ore and macerating it doubles your diamond yield. I'm surprized you haven't made a Gem of Eternal Density yet. I got my first Dark Matter Locus last night, and it's INSANE. I have basically unlimited diamonds now. Combined with the Flowing Time power time item it's basically a new dark matter block every like 5-9 minutes.

I put like 13ish geothermals on my mass fab and created an epic recycler system with buildcraft and recyclers and an alchemical chest with dirt in it to throw scrap in a box for me. it used to go in to the mass fab which at the time was powered by my reactor. I like it this way better. I put the power from the geo's in to an MFSU with a lever on it switched on (stops the MFSU from transmitting power but not from charging). I can then just wait until I have a bunch of scrap and put it in then switch the lever allowing me to be sure it's got scrap in it 100% of the time rather than having to make buildcraft keep up with the very FAST rate at which mass fab uses it. If you're interested I can make a video showing you the automated mass fab/scrap contraption AND my epic obsidian generator buildcraft machine that pulls it's redstone stock from a chest too. :)

btw I'm mistershakie on youtube.

The Mass Fabricator uses 512EU/s which is HV. You can plug in a lower current if you want and it will happily generate the Matter just not as fast. If you plug it in to your system it WILL suck your energy dry. I suggest giving it dedicated power. Being that you're on EQEX in your LP you're probably best off making Geothermals and giving them lava cells which are REALLY easy to make using PStone. Recipe should be in your recipe book. You'll need a Volcanite Amulet.

The teleporter can't be wired to directly. It just uses the energy of "nearby" MFSUs. I'm not sure if it will also use MFEs or how close they have to be or whether the unit has to be touch it with the output face going in (that's how my test setup was and it worked). You WILL have to wire redstone to it from a button or lever to activate it. Each actual teleport (not redstone activation) will use distance^0.5*inventory where:

inventory{
    100 per any animal
    500 for mobs
    1000 + 100 per item for players
    }

This calculation came from a [Bugs] thread, so I'm not positive of it's accuracy. In my tests (very short range) teleportations didn't even take up 100k of the MFSU I had next to it.

Love your LP. Hope this information was helpful.