Posts by grincore

My mistake, i saw a topic where someone claimed it to drop 100% on low and mining modes but i checked it again and he was proved wrong. So it is not stupidly overpowered, only overpowered. In low focus mode you can keep your mouse key depressed and walk through solid stone at normal speed.

Confirmed it works.

I had to use two timers and a toggle latch for it to work though, one is set at 82 seconds and the other one to one second. The first one turns the reactor + the second timer on and the second timer turns the reactor and itself off. I am using Redpower mod for the timers and toggle latch.

Output was 24.064 EU per cycle as expected ( = 293/sec = 14,6/tick)

Mining laser is stupidly overpowered as it is, just set it to low focus, point it to the nearest tile and press w. If you aim it correctly you can mine the top and bottom tile without moving your mouse and dig a 350+ long tunnel with a single charge (counting some missing shots). You just need to pay attention to where you step to avoid falling into lava.

If my math is correct a water cooled reactor with 6 chambers and 54 uranium cells heat balance would be:

+54*50 heat/tick from cells = 2.700
    - 33 heat cooled by reactor (1) + water (20) + chambers (12)
    Net balance = 2.667 heat/tick

It needs 81 ticks to cool down for each tick run (2.667 / 33).

Pros:

Easy to set up, just need a clock sending a pulse every 82 seconds (easy to do with Redpower mod) <- Need to check this as a reactor pulse <> to a minecraft tick, might need to set up a dual clock timer to send a 1 second pulse every 82 seconds.
    Most efficient configuration possible (can't be arsed to calculate but i assume it is around 4.3 or so)
    Runs for a long time (54 real life days)
    Lower set up cost than Mark II and III as no heat dispensers or coolant cells are required
    Awsome explosion in case you let it run for more than 3 ticks.

Cons:

Low EU/Sec (14ish i think (1200 EU or so every 82 seconds)
    No margin for errors it can go boom in 4 ticks (seconds).
    Outputs EHV so it needs more expensive equipment to lower current to usable levels.

Also adding a few heat dispensers and coolant cells will probably increase EU/Sec and decrease output voltage to more manageable levels at the cost of efficiency.

The control logic would probably be an OR gate connected to a:
    - Timer connected to a NOT gate (on during 81 seconds off during 1 second)
    - Lever to manually shut down the reactor if needed
    - Safety circuit to shut down the reactor if the timer circuit is on for more than 1 second every 81 seconds + Push button to reset the safety circuit when it goes off

What do you guys think?

Will build a proof of concept reactor in a test map later today.