Posts by Benie

Somehow I got it. But I can't get the power to my basic machines.
    I tried putting a LV-Transformer right under the MFE, then attach Copper Cables to my machines. No power coming through. Then I tried putting a Gold Cable between the MFE and the Transformer, nothing.

Tried a MV-Transformer. Same thing. What am I doing wrong? I'm making sure on both the LV and the MV Transformers, the three "dots" are facing the MFE.

I'm basically trying this setup.

Is there any known way to attach a :LV-Transformer: (LV-Transformer) or a Medium Voltage Transformer to a Low Voltage Solar Array, and reverse the transformer with a Redstone Signal to convert it to Medium Voltage to charge an :MFE-Transmitter: (MFE) ?

I'm trying to think of cheaper ways to upgrade to Tier 2 Power. A friend said to use a :Geothermal Generator: (Geothermal Generator). But I need an "always on"; reliable source of power. Heard there's an option to pump from the Nether, but I don't have Thermal Expansion.

Back in 1.2.5, Batboxes when linked, can double their total stored power. A 40,000 Batbox would have 80,000 when linked to another via Copper Cables.

Now, it doesn't seem to do it anymore. What gives? I got this setup;

<- Machines :Batbox: :Cable: :Batbox: [Low Voltage Solar Array]

And both are at 40,000, instead of 80,000.

Was this some kind of 'exploit' that was fixed?

First off, I'm still pretty new at IC2. I got a basic machine setup. This is pretty much all I need for now, but I'm thinking of maybe upgrading to an Induction Furnace.
    I also would like to know, is this a common setup for no EU loss?

I'm also getting tired of using Coal, so I thought of getting some solar energy. Now, where do you hook the Copper Cables coming from the Solar Panels to.. whatever?

Do I hook them to the BatBox, or the Generator? Or to something else? I haven't found any tutorials on what is the best way to do this with no EU loss. I'm low on Tin and some other resources, so that's why I'm asking. So I'll know what I need to do this.

I have looked all over Google, and not even a video of how to install mods for IC2 exists.
    I assume you just plop them into the /mods/ folder, but neither are working.

I'm trying to get Advanced Machines and Compact Solars working. Not getting a crash log. Like that's not where I'm supposed to put them. I also use MultiMC.