Posts by OvermindDL1

You are quite amazing Vendan, both with the speed you turned my suggestion into a mod and with disallowing adfly (hate that with an undying passion).

Same as Vendan, if anyone needs a server space or anything then I have well far and more than would you would ever need. I host three servers (hosting a variety of services and top-domain websites) on extremely fast back-bone connections with more storage space then you could ever fill for this mod and all its addons. If anyone needs it then I would be happy to supply, but I would ask that no adfly is put on (if it is absolutely required, then I honestly do not see the point, I no doubt make more money in a day (perhaps hour? I honestly have no clue how much they bring in) then adfly links would bring in all month, I could probably just donate to the IC2 makers instead, but if it is required I might allow it depending on the reason). All of my servers are paid for out of my own pocket, no donations (I do not accept any), and I get no money from them or anything they host, and the oldest has been up for over ten years with but a few hours of downtime over all of that (the younger ones, 9 and 2 years, has thus far had no downtime).

That was quick, woke up this morning to find that someone already made an addon of this suggestion?

Actually, considering if it needs to be broken into two blocks, if it could be put into the normal game then perhaps one of the blocks should be an existing block, like a power storage or a transformer, and the regulator itself could be the block next to it that just siphons off extra power.

What is wanted in a variety of posts that I have seen listed is some way to direct power down one path if it is needed else direct the remaining down another path. This was inspired specifically by this thread.

Thus I propose the Regulator. The name is not quite accurate for what it does so perhaps a new one would be better, but it works for a temporary name. Starting with an example:

Code
    / Storage(MFE/MFSU/BB's/whatever) -> Primary facilities
    Power Gen -> Regulator
                   	\ Mass_Generator/Etc...

A Regulator could be a block where when wrenched, have its primary output on that side, and the secondary on the opposite side, taking power on all other sides. Whatever power it receives would be directed to the primary for everything that wants however much power it supplies, any remaining goes to the Secondary output.

An example, the above Power Gen feeds 64EU/t to the Regulator:

• The Storage is empty because all manner of devices are in use down the line so all 64 EU/t goes to the Storage line.
    • Now say the storage is almost full, has a 16 EU/t drain due to one or two devices down the line taking that, thus the Regulator feeds 16 EU/t to the storage/Primary line and the remaining 48 EU/t goes to the Secondary/Backup/Whatever line.
    • Or if nothing is in use on the primary and all storage is full then all 64 EU/t would go to the Secondary/Backup/Whatever line.
    • Or if nothing needs energy on both sides then no energy is passed at all.

I leave it up to you all to determine which voltages it can handle and/or if their are multiple tiers of it like the Transformers and so forth.

That does not really work though for these purposes. I have not needed such a thing yet (I just have mass-amounts of solar generators feeding to a singular power station), but I can see the point. What is actually wanted is a power unit that directs to one direction if things there need power, else it directs to another direction if they do not or of any excess that is unused by the first direction.

Like this for example:

Code
    / Storage(MFE/MFSU/BB's/whatever) -> Primary facilities
    Power Gen -> Regulator
                   	\ Mass_Generator/Etc...

A Regulator (Working Name, not accurate for its job) could, for example, be a block where, when wrenched, have its primary output on that side, and the secondary on the opposite side, taking power on all other sides. Whatever power it receives would be directed to the primary for everything that wants however much power, any remaining goes to the Secondary output.

An example, the Power Gen feeds 64EU/t to the Regulator:

• The Storage is empty because all manner of devices are in use down the line so all 64 EU/t goes to the Storage line.
    • Now say the storage is almost full, has a 16 EU/t drain due to one or two devices down the line taking that, thus the Regulator feeds 16 EU/t to the storage/Primary line and the remaining 48 EU/t goes to the Secondary/Backup/Whatever line.
    • Or if nothing is in use on the primary and all storage is full then all 64 EU/t would go to the Secondary/Backup/Whatever line.

Hmm, this might not make a bad suggestion post, perhaps multiple levels. I shall also submit this in suggestions. If only I had access to an IC2 SDK or code so I could make an addon myself for this. I have read all of the suggestions over the past few days, I certainly hope I did not miss a similar request... Please forgive me if so...