Posts by tgstyle

I did not see this posted yet. On my SMP server we discovered that after a miner deploys all of its pipe, then if you remove the pipe manually with a pickaxe/drill/etc., and retract the pipe it will give you the pipe that you already removed.

Edit" This may also be the case in 1.42

My setting:
    Generator-cable-batbox(currently loaded)-cable coupler-wooden pipe-stone pipe(machine attached to check if its working) - tp pipe - receiving tp pipe - gold pipe - machineAnd machine aafter tp doesnt receive and power, there is no power animation going to tp pipe also.

Does it wotk for you?

The only thing I have tried it on thus far is with a pump and the bucket filler addon. Both appear to work with this mod just fine. Are you using rev27 for TP pipes?

Dunno which addon fault is it, but it doesnt work with buildcraft teleportation pipes. It detects blocks that are using energy in that pipe, just not teleportation pipe. Or Im doing something wrong?

IC2 1.23
    Buildcraft 2.2.4
    Coupler 0.19
    Teleportation pipes

When using teleport pipes I noticed you cannot directly attach them to machines. Have you tried putting a gold or stone energy pipe against the machine and then the TP pipe?

Awesome! I obviously did not know you could do that :D . I have tried it and as long as you have water on either side to refill the hole it leaves, the supply is endless (when powered and filled with empty cells that is). Now on to building a fully automated set up with BuildCraft. If anyone is wondering what it would need is this ~

Quarry or Miner gathering ore (in this case tin) and send it down the pipe> macerate ore to tin dust > send tin dust to smelter to make bars > tin bars to auto crafting table to make empty cells > empty cells to pump (IC² pump not BC) to make water cell > water cell to compressor to make snowball > snowball to another compressor to make ice, and finally in to the Reactor.

Cost = 2 Tin Ore macerated in to 4 dust, then smelted in to 4 bars of Tin, then 4 bars of Tin to 16 Cells, then 16 Cells in to 16 Snowballs and finally in to 16 Ice. Plus plenty of EU.

FYI the IC miner/pump combo will fill an empty cell with water when placed inside the pump, and then even place it in a chest next to the pump (which can then be compressed to a snowball and thus compressed to ice). Downside is it will not grab an area of water, just the block below the mining pipe then continue on. Would it be possible to add/mod in another device similiar to a OD/OV Scanner that currently seeks out ore, but in this case seek out water :D ? Or even modify the Miner to seek out all liquids in the 5x5 or 9x9 area with an OD/OV scanner?

I built an autostabilizing 300EU/t reactor using buildcraft. It pumps in ice, and catches excess. As long as excess is falling out, it triggers a redstone pipe that unlatches a timed latch that allows the reactor to run. Once the reactor starts melting more ice then I can supply, the redstone pipe stops triggering, which allows the latch to flip, and causes the reactor to shut down. Once it cools, the ice builds back up inside it, and starts falling out, and the whole process starts over again. It looks like, even after it's reduced duty cycle due to cooling, it's still making a cool 90~100EU/t at 3.75 efficiency, and it's completely self stable. All I need to do now is mod in a freezer, so I can make ice using the buildcraft bucket pump addon.

Reactor I'm using: Ice Reactor

Thanks for posting the design. This freezer mod your talking about would be awesome. How about a slushee/freezer IC² addon machine (uses EU) churning out snowballs that can be used in a compressor to make ice? Automated of course when it has a source of water from a pump by buildcraft or just plain old buckets of water in MC. This also of course would slow down ice production as the compressor is not very fast, but would allow for some pretty complex set up :D.

I was just messing around and noticed pipes can attach to a reactor (they will not attach to reactor chamber). What good is this you may ask? Well how about an automated cooling system by injecting Ice automatically in to a slot in the reactor? Which can be even further refined with the RedPower mod ;) . I have tested and it does work. Downside is you will loose the ability to attach 1 reactor chamer, so it will have a maximum of 5. The other downside is having to find ice. That is unless someone manages to get the ice cream mod working in 1.7.3 so you can make ice out of snow, albeit a useless mod otherwise :D (no offense to someone who likes it). This plus creating the recipe in an automatic crafting table and viola ice... Next step is to convince Alblaka to create a refrigeration unit in Industrial Craft 2 to make Ice :thumbup: .

*Edit - This may also work for injecting buckets of water, I have not tested.